Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: While It's Quiet ...

GC

PSR "Home" Page

There they have kindly posted a live link to closeups of the Orion British Tank Crew in Summer Uniforms. They are cast in blue and look really great. Most of these would be easy to do torso and legs swops with each other. A Converter's dream set. And they should go well with Strelets upcoming LRDG set.
Yes, the Orion British tankies set is very good - well, Mr Buckingham told us so months ago and he was right!

Why did Orion choose to mould it in blue plastic though? Seems strange, not at all intuitive, and presumably a cream/buff plastic costs the same as blue? Although this is not of consequence to me since everything gets PVA-d, grey undercoated and burnt-umber washed before it gets to painting 'proper colours' on my painting table.

Some good tank commander potential and various non-front-line engineers and technicians will come from a single box of this fine set.

Talking of the great photos on PSR I think that some of Strelets pictures do not always show there products in the best light.
for instance I had seen the photos strelets released of both the latest Prussian & French infantry sets & the details looked a bit vague & I didn't fancy them at all.
On seeing pictures of the same sets on PSR They are must have & i wish I had added them to my order.:kissing_heart:

I hear what you are saying, Steve! I've had the same experiences. PSR's "Awaiting Review" resource has become a "go to" link for me nearly every day now. Strelets figures always look better once in hand, but until then PSR's great resources helps me during the wait. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

Who knows why blue was chosen, Minuteman? Maybe they're just a test run? But I'm reminded of Orion's Polish Winged Hussars. PSR references they were made in no fewer than 10 colors! I'm not known as a painter, so a good quality, flat color that shows details well is very important to me. But back on point, we may find more colors out there after distribution to sellers. I did buy many of the Winged Hussars different colors just because they all looked good to me. Same with their Chinese Boxers. One way or another, for the most part, I'm always a happy camper. And I'm super grateful for Strelets maintaining consistency in colors.

Alan Buckingham did a super job of painting the British Tankers recently. His style has always been eye pleasing to me. I'm very excited to see the LRDG next. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

Re: Tank crew colour...

Maybe someone got a bit confused by the Desert Army slang phrase "swanning about in the blue"?

mike b
Maybe someone got a bit confused by the Desert Army slang phrase "swanning about in the blue"?
Yes, that must be it! :grinning:

Perhaps Orion will continue the theme with further British tankie sets eg: 4th and 7th Armoured Brigades - the 'Black Rats' and 'Green Jerboas' respectively - in black and green plastic??

The challenge is NWE 44/45 two types of Tank crew dress, Summer and winter , so what do you call the guys in Normandy now should a set come along ?

Alan Buckingham
The challenge is NWE 44/45 two types of Tank crew dress, Summer and winter , so what do you call the guys in Normandy now should a set come along ?
A naval friend of mine always used to refer to any Army personnel (whatever the unit and whatever the era) as 'brown jobs'. I'm sure that this was meant in jest, but......