again. On the subject of mules again, I may have found a source.
There was once a very popular western anthology series called Death Valley Days.
Now, they were sponsored by Borax 20 mule team! I found a pre-owned set with a wagon on Ebay and I made an offer - accepted!
The only potential fly in the ointment is that they give the scale as the rather odd 1/67! So, maybe a little large for 1/72 scale but not a lot in it.
I'll know better when they arrive. Meantime, stay tuned for further comments on these........
I've also had ideas about using spare horses, maybe using balsa wood etc for simple "boxy" limbers.
I might have more time and less money with retirement and defence/budget cuts looming so I'll have to see if I can be a bit more creative.
Actually, while I think of it the good point about the ancient Airfix ACW set is that they had a limber, so if these can be picked up cheaply that's an option, or maybe copying them.
Stay safe folks
Mike, that's a neat solution for any box-shaped equipment or building.
Lego is difficult to glue, so I will look up where to get Plastruct glue or a health-friendly Ketone alternative if there is any. This will also allow for adding details. Painting should be ok after a layer of primer (perhaps after sanding the surfaces).
Your Blogger software settings allow only Google user comments so I will just say here I find lots of inspiration - on your modelling blog that is! :grin:
Yes, Lego is hard to glue. But with Plastruct glue it's just like gluing a model kit.
It's sold in hobby shops, art supply shops, places were architects supplies are sold.
And they sell it direct by mail too I think.