Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: YET ANOTHER - ONE QUESTION POLL!

So many to choose from, but for me it would have to be the Seven Years War. A conflict or series of conflicts almost as wide-ranging and varied as the Napoleonic period, numerous noteworthy battles, interesting armies, charismatic commanders etc, and never really provided for in a serious way in 1/72 plastic.

I voted Raj, but doubt now I could devote time to anymore periods for painting, the one I would make an exception for is the Monmouth rebellion of 1685 , the figures would work for Ireland and battle of the Boyne etc too , no one has done them and it would not require many sets to complete both sides, a minor conflict but one close to home, literally , I walk to the battlefield from home a couple of times a week, about 600 mtrs as the crow flies.

Raj would be my (very) close second. Seven Years War next, please

Seven Years War hands down. Dragoons, cuirassiers, artillery, French, Croats, Hungarians and so on (it's retirement time for the thin old Revell cavalry, even though I love them; hope they'd reissue their Austrian artillery).

The Thirty Years War gets an honourable second spot in my list.

If SYW.....(some advice to Strelets)

Nicolasc
Seven Years War hands down. Dragoons, cuirassiers, artillery, French, Croats, Hungarians and so on (it's retirement time for the thin old Revell cavalry, even though I love them; hope they'd reissue their Austrian artillery).

The Thirty Years War gets an honourable second spot in my list.
In complete agreement.

If the SYW, I would like to offer Strelets some gratuitous advice.

Another company (H-T) have pretty impressive Prussian & Austrian infantry sets on the market. Challenging these seems pointless but I would stress any other SYW offerings should match these existing sets in size.The aforementioned company seems reluctant to finish the period so Strelets should do it for them.

So, for the Austrians & Prussians, Cuirassiers, Dragoons & some Hussars (fur hatted ones) should be considered, as should Prussian artillery. Hungarian & Grenz infantry are certainly worthy of consideration.

Of course, Strelets could move out of the box and produce British, French or Russian SYW armies.

They should think in terms of at least a set of infantry, Horse & artillery for each nation they choose.

Anything else would be a welcome bonus.

donald

Well gentlemen, it looks like '7YW' and 'The British Raj' are both neck and neck, and in the lead so far!

Here's an update, one day in:

Seven Years War = 24% (8)
Thirty Years War = 9% (3)
English Civil War = 3% (1)
British Raj = 24% (8)
American War of Independence = 6% (2)
French & Indian War = 6% (2)
Modern = 6% (2)
Spanish Civil War = 9% (3)
French Indochina = 6% (2)
WWII Burma/Malaya/Dutch East Indies = 6% (2)
Fantasy = 3% (1)

Total votes so far = 34

Next update Thurs!

A few thoughts of my own. Well, at my age, now 67 I'm not sure that I really want to start collecting for a new period. It depends on whether a new period grabs my interest!
Personally and I speak for myself alone, I'm working to fill in the gaps in my collections.
I'd therefore like to see expansion of ACW, AWI/1812, ranges, and also expansion of WW1 and WW2 subjects - it's very frustrating to have all these 8th Army Heavy Weapons sets and none for the Axis forces!
I'm currently working to complete the Russo-Turkish 1877 range as well. Strelets say the camels didn't sell well which surprises me especially when I look at the comments for North Africa. So, yes, I'll be buying more previously released sets as and when I can - including camels Strelets! Time, and personal budget dictates what I buy. Also, I like to buy "piecemeal" a set or 2 or a few more at a time as I find this maintains my interest better. it's the modern equivalent of going to Woolworths, toy shop, newsagents etc, and spending pocket money as used to do! At the end of the day Strelets will produce whatever sells best, which means an apparently endless supply of Napoleonics, with other periods taking second place or not at all.
To my way of thinking this is unbalanced in that it caters for the majority, leaving the rest of us with infrequent crumbs, but I understand that this comes down to economics so we can't in all fairness blame Strelets!
Stay safe and Carry on Collecting folks!
Richard

I voted for Raj, but I wouldn't say no to an English Civil War command set including personality figures to use with my 30 years war figures

Another vote for 7 Years War here. Let's see what Strelets new sculpting can do with those Hungarians and Croats! Retooling the existing GNW Cuirassiers set would cover both periods too and maybe we can even see some Prussian guns on the table!

I'd like to see Strelets make The Spanish-American War armies. Great looking U.S. Infantry wearing Stetsons and that huge blanket roll. And the Spanish Army had several really great looking uniforms with super accoutrements. I especially like the look of the Spanish and Cuban armies and Cavalries.
I think this wish would need to be tabulated manually.

Strelets has given us outstanding original sets for over two decades now. And as promised, have continually improved.

So whether Strelets starts any new Campaigns, or continues filling in gaps with more exciting surprises, I'll always look forward to buying new sets from them.

Thanks for asking - GC (U.S., Spain, Cuba, Philippines) :earth_americas: :palm_tree: :earth_asia:

No option for ancients or medievals? Tisk tisk. Given the parameters I would also join the masses and go for the 7YW.

Can I do a write in for Great Plains Indian wars?

Thanks for the comments.

Nogri, I'm a fan too - I'm hoping the 1/72 version of the upcoming 1/32 Custers Last Battle set from Waterloo 1815 will come next year, and be the first of many!

TheBabylonian - Ancient is my first love also, but sadly we are in the minority - but you're probably most looking forward to the upcoming Linear-A set #043 - Babylonian Empires?

GC - I'm surprised Spanish-American War is often overlooked too, some may not know this was how US got the Philippines (until their independence), Guam and Puerto Rico.

Latest "One Question Poll" update - it appears '7YW' and 'The British Raj' are STILL in the lead so far, with nearly half the respondents wanting either of them (24% each), and Spanish Civil War next with 12% of the votes:

Seven Years War = 24% (12)
Thirty Years War = 6% (3)
English Civil War = 2% (1)
British Raj = 24% (12)
American War of Independence = 6% (3)
French & Indian War = 8% (4)
Modern = 4% (2)
Spanish Civil War = 12% (6)
French Indochina = 8% (4)
WWII Burma/Malaya/Dutch East Indies = 6% (3)
Fantasy = 2% (1)

Total votes so far = 51

Btw. Bit of an interesting coincidence, but one of my favourite YouTube channels just the other day posted an animated video short on "The Sepoy Mutiny" - for those that might want to check it out:

https://youtu.be/7rKrYVjgWQg

Thanks everyone for participating in this poll!

Thanks for keeping track of the poll, Baratheon. It was fun waiting to see the responses. So much to look forward to and wish for! :relaxed:

I am indeed! Marduk be praised. :P :D