Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: #030 Tarentine Horseman of Magna Graecia

Nicely sculpted masters as always from Linear-A! I do have a few concerns though, although for many they are smaller quibbles that do not detract from the figures much.

1) The shield positioning from Linear-A has me concerned compared to what Strelets Mini was able to do in their Ancient/Medieval sets, particularly the early editions (STRM001 through STRM020). Set #017 seems very flat, and having the two pick axe wielding men in full armour would have been strange even in the Kalkriese ambush situation (they would become fatigued extremely quickly in that kit). The shield bearing pose in Set #030 looks quite unnatural, and one of the shown poses in Set #020 suffers from severe case of flatness as well, although the Thera spearman on the far left is a sublime pose. Give me 12 poses of that spearman with and without helmets and I would be a very happy archaeologist.

2) PSR mentioned this for the Etruscan cavalry set's female pose as well, but the amphorae jar the Greek in Set #019 is carrying would have been really heavy and prone to breaking the handle of the jar. These were not made of steel and archaeological remains have proven they were one of the most prone parts of the jar to break. The Greeks, particularly hoplites, also brought a lot of servants/attendants with them on campaign, so having a warrior carrying a jar like this and bearing his full military equipment is probably anachronistic; it would take Philip II of Macedon's reforms before Greco-Macedonian warriors started consistently carrying their own supplies.

I love to see the attempts though, as all the figures have their uses when put in the right situation. Have a nice day everyone! :sunglasses: