Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ignorance is bliss.

Johnny
contributors who practice cannibalism, who like cats or indulge in other monstrosities in their private lives.
Now there you have it that comment about cats would get you banned for at least one site I know.
To disagree about the figures what weapons they have (sten guns pikes and PIAT ) uniforms etc. lf figures are toy soldiers or works of art. Are all par for the course and normally things do not get out of hand. Now the problem with wargaming with some people can say and believe the following. All heard at the wargaming table and they meant it. They can not rout they are British. I killed two of them and they are ???????? so the rest should run away. No way a Sherman tank cannot destroy a Tiger tank. 88mm can never miss. And history the better army lost.???? There were no French troops in the French foreign legion ever! And one I had with somebody who proudly put his Harlem Hellcats on the table all painted and in WW1 American uniforms with the rest of his Americans ready for battle.
History answers. Nearly all officers were French in the French Foreign Legion. The Harlem Hellcats fought under French command and in French uniforms.
Gentlemen, with regard to the French Foreign Legion, it is worth recalling certain rules. No Frenchman can join the Legion. Also, when a Frenchman shows up at a recruitment centre, he changes his name and declares a nationality of borrowing, (Canadian, Luxembourgish, or other). The past is erased to some extent. Perpetrators of blood crimes, drug trafficking are not accepted. Then you have to pass psychotechnical tests, medical tests, and physical selection. Out of 20 candidates for white kepi, only one will pass the selections. These are the current rules. In the 1920s, almost all the candidates were caught, but that was the time when the Legion had a dozen regiments, fighting all over the world.

:flag-wf: :wink:

Banning, should be reserved for those who`s purpose is not the subject matter in point, but trying to provoke others by comments or actions they are confident will provoke.They serve no purpose and are no use to anyone.

Alan Buckingham
Banning, should be reserved for those who`s purpose is not the subject matter in point, but trying to provoke others by comments or actions they are confident will provoke.They serve no purpose and are no use to anyone.
My thoughts exactly. Well put Alan.

African American, American Uniforms, French equipment/weapons/helmets though sometimes are shown wearing brodies, they are often shown training with French colonial Troops who wore the French Colonial Uniform.... They fought alongside the French..

See: Scotts Official History

ironsides
African American, American Uniforms, French equipment/weapons/helmets though sometimes are shown wearing brodies, they are often shown training with French colonial Troops who wore the French Colonial Uniform.... They fought alongside the French..

See: Scotts Official History

I may be mistaken but l thought the winter overcoats issued to them were french also the replacement foot wear. Have been looking for the article (not Found) l remembered reading with a photo of 3 soldiers wearing the french capote so with that and the helmet they looked much more French than American. How ever they might of used a photo of French colonial troops.

The US Greatcoat should have been issued from the start but it wouldn't suprise me if clothing was supplemented from french supplies, the first thing to go would likely be the gaiters, most armys change dramatically in combat and the French themselves gave a wide leeway as to what was worn in the trenches in anycase so theres no absolute right and wrong... on parade is a different matter.

:wink:

I admin about 40 groups on Facebook most are toy soldier or warfare related. One on WWII German Heavy Tanks has over 18,000 members. It also draws more wackos than all my other groups combined.

They say the most offensive and foolish and typically false things that you cannot even imagine. We, my moderators and I, have banned and blocked over 1,000 people. The biggest problem is they won't stay on topic and want to talk WWII politics, or disparage other tanks or soliders.

We are very clear about the rules and have them posted in several places. Most get one or two strikes and they are out. Potentially every comment is read by 18,000 people who are following the rules.

This is one of the best groups I have ever been on and read it nearly every day.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog