Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Linear A's latest are coming

Dear Graham,

I think that you'll be waiting a little bit longer for those.

From what I have been told the next three will be 001–003 in the minis. Mind you, I see that #016 Hannibal Crosses the Alps Set 3 "ELEPHANTS" is up to stage 6 and #017 Roman Legion Set 1 at stage 7 (yippee!). The Minoans and #019 Battle of Cunaxa 401 B.C. ( Xenophon`s War) Set 2 "Greek Hoplites on the March" are a bit further behind at stage 4.

Like Strelets, Linear A seem to manage steady progress from concept to release, so we won't be waiting too long for any of these. Extra time to save, perhaps?!

Regards, James

The stuff that Linear A are doing that interests me is further down the pipeline with the 6the century Byzantines and the pre historic stuff. As for the Minoans, I just like the look of the figures. Unfortunately I have this weakness when sometimes I buy figures that I have no idea what I'm going to do with them but I just like them. I've managed to resist so far but the Villanovan stuff looks lovely and the old Caesar Trojan war stuff was sorely tempting.

Bit puzzled with the horse poses for "Hannibal Crosses the Alps Set 2" the same as the Italian horsemen, all galloping into battle which doesn't suit the rather sedate wind swept poses of the riders, I suppose you can always swap them for less energetic horse poses from other sets... but seems like an odd choice considering the subject "Crossing the Alps"...

:thinking_face:

ironsides
Bit puzzled with the horse poses for "Hannibal Crosses the Alps Set 2" the same as the Italian horsemen, all galloping into battle which doesn't suit the rather sedate wind swept poses of the riders, I suppose you can always swap them for less energetic horse poses from other sets... but seems like an odd choice considering the subject "Crossing the Alps"...

:thinking_face:
They're a generic set of horses that orignally appeared for the Alliance 'Historical' Amazons. Without checking it I think some of the more sedately gaited horses from the Zvezda Macedonian Cavalry will fit, because I used those for mounts for the Amazons.

I think I'd be inclined to use the Hat persian horses armoured and unarmoured :wink:

Whilst I quite like the look of the figures it occured to me that their unsuitable for what their suppossed to portray, that of cavalry crossing the alps, I think in those conditions they'd simply be killing their horses.. would have been far better if the riders were on foot leading and taking care of their irreplaceable mounts... this is something we dont actually have...just a thought :wink: