Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Here come the Prussians...and a thought about British and Highland infantry

Hi James

Do you mean the British Light Infantry (such as the 51st & 52nd) had tufts as well? Ive only seen images of the light regiments with shoulder wings for all companys.

I am aware of line regiments having tufts for center companys and the Grenadier/Light companys having wings. I thought Light regiments were different.

Or have we got our wires crossed? As when i made my comment about no wings, I was referring to the Airfix & Revell Waterloo British Infantry sets as per a previous comment.

If someone could indeed confirm whether the British Light regiments had just shoulder wings or also had companys with tufts, id be greatful as I plan on painting the 52nd Oxfordshires soon. Also some images show them with white belts, some with buff. Does anybody know which it is supposed to be?
Thanks

Roger W
Hi James

Do you mean the British Light Infantry (such as the 51st & 52nd) had tufts as well? Ive only seen images of the light regiments with shoulder wings for all companys.

I am aware of line regiments having tufts for center companys and the Grenadier/Light companys having wings. I thought Light regiments were different.

Or have we got our wires crossed? As when i made my comment about no wings, I was referring to the Airfix & Revell Waterloo British Infantry sets as per a previous comment.

If someone could indeed confirm whether the British Light regiments had just shoulder wings or also had companys with tufts, id be greatful as I plan on painting the 52nd Oxfordshires soon. Also some images show them with white belts, some with buff. Does anybody know which it is supposed to be?
Thanks
Dear Roger,

Ah, sorry, I did not read your post correctly--don't know how! My apologies. Yes, light inf. all had the 'wings', as you said.

Cheers,

James

No worries. 👍

I too have a large contingent of Airfix figures, most are still usable & dont look out of place with newer figures.
The only Airfix sets i wouldn't use anymore is the french cavalry & Line infantry as they are looking well past their sell by date,though i do like the cavalry man standing holding the horse & I have a stand of ten of these poses & are looking out for more.