Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Centjours Mont St Jean Website...while we are waiting....

Some really nice artwork there. Also some nice poses that would look fantastic recreated in 1/72!!!😁

Definitely some very good artwork here. I have done a bit of military art in the past (paintings, not painted miniatures) but no-where close to being as good as this material.

Some of the poses look to me a bit like artwork on various Italeri and/or Zvezda boxes, and the French Carabineer officer in the plate here is almost the pose of the Zvezda French Cuirassier set officer! I'm pretty sure that Zvezda use a Russian artist for their box art though.

The key player in box art is of course Guiseppe Rava, a profoundly talented artist: his site is at:

http://www.g-rava.it/opere/era_napoleonica_eng.htm

Weirdly, some of the images open on this site and some are blocked. It seems we have gremlins everywhere!

If I had the money and the space to hang his pictures, I'd become a collector of Rava's artwork!!

Not looking good chaps. Site still down. 😭

It seems it's met its Waterloo

Edwardian
It seems it's met its Waterloo
Ah.....:thinking_face: Well, maybe....but maybe also in the spirit of Cambronne ("La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas !") we should take a never-say-die approach...perhaps a mission to somehow 'rescue' the site if it is not back up later this month. I do not know how to rescue a website, but as they say I may 'know a man who can'.

In the meantime, I will do what I have ever done and rely on my trusty book collection and the uniform references therein!

I clicked on site tonight and got this message against a backdrop of the normal site background....

SITE UNDER MODIFICATION AND RESUMPTION.

Alexis

So maybe it hasnt met its Waterloo but is instead regrouping for another attack!

That sounds like good news! I couldn't really believe that the site was dead and buried. Maybe the ghost of Marshal Ney and his relentless attacking spirit exists somewhere on the web (as well as at the battlefield of course) and has infused Centjours Mont St Jean !! I very much hope so....