Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WW2 BEF

What I really envisage is a standard infantry BEF set. I am not too keep of the inclusion of the tommy gun - bren gun , grenade thrower, rifles please. If an officer is included please not that cheesy pose of waving his pistol in the air like he is shooting pigeons so beloved by certain manufacturers.

If the tommy gun is wanted why not include it as the 'extra figure' as the famous Churchill propaganda pose of holding a tommy gun while smoking a cigar!

You might consider might consider making a BEF Command/ Heavy Weapons set with radio operator, mortar team , Boys AT rifle team and medical poses.

If a Vickers is included please can we have the condensing system, spotter and the ammunition carrier which are usually ignored.

The GI set would also be useful based on reality rather than lots of automatic rifles and machine guns!

It's a tall order but at least i've tried!

""It's a tall order but at least i've tried!""

Thats all any of us can do when it comes to asking for any sets we think would make a great addition to our hobby.
You certainly stand more chance of someone following up on that request on here.

Why another manufacturer has become so ridiculously slow and lost their way so badly (in terms of quality as well as speed), is strange. I can only think that they have been taken over by a company who makes other injection moulded stuff, and prefers to concentrate on whatever that is instead of figures. Even more strange when they said crowdfunding would be a way of getting sets made quicker as could afford to start up another production line, yet made no difference whatsoever. Wouldnt even entertain the idea of crowdfunding due to them.

To sound a note of caution I think the reason the 'other manufacturer' 'has become so ridiculously slow and lost their way so badly' is that they overstretched pandering to strident completists on their forum. Those moulds are very, very expensive and if the sets don't sell well it takes a long time to recoup the losses.