Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: American Civil War field artillery

Hi all
looks like most people have beaten me to the subject of ACW artillery which has been much on my mind lately.
It's a mystery why Italeri didn't produce a Confederate artillery set, and the Imex set leaves much to be desired, so the Rebels are poorly served for artillery.
Well, here's my little wish, or maybe lightbulb moment for Strelets to consider.
How about producing ACW Big Box artillery sets? These could include limbers and command figures with an assortment of guns! As a collector/modeller I like to see a means of moving guns around!
I'm more of a collector/modeller than wargamer but as I assemble my ACW armies I'm frustrated by the lack of artillery!
If Strelets should go ahead I'll buy 2 or maybe 4 each, Union and Confederate - looks like there are plenty more people wanting artillery............
I just hope they don't take too long as I'm getting older - 67 next month! (Ouch!) and I wonder if I'll see half the things I'd like to!
Well, stay safe and have fun, and maybe dream fantasize about Big Box sets............
Best regards to all
Richard

American Civil War 1/72 naval and coastal artillery

Not field artillery but very nice too, and easily overlooked. Just in case you are not aware of the existence of this set. I think every collector should own one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verlinden-1-72-Confederate-7-inch-178mm-Brooke-Rifle-Emplacement-Civil-War-2133/180759896857

Re: American Civil War 1/72 naval and coastal artillery

Master Kunz
Not field artillery but very nice too, and easily overlooked. Just in case you are not aware of the existence of this set. I think every collector should own one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verlinden-1-72-Confederate-7-inch-178mm-Brooke-Rifle-Emplacement-Civil-War-2133/180759896857
That is a good looking model.... and not one that I was previously aware of either!