Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bavarians in attack

I agree; with the upcoming sets my Bavarian Corps will be greatly enlarged and improved upon.

James Fisher
Dear Strelets,

I'm looking forward to these even more having seen your recently posted photos. Excellent poses. Thank for the preview.

The casualty figures will be really useful as wargaming markers (no doubt in dioramas and such too).

Looking at the sprues I am wondering whether the count of 48 shown on the box image is incorrect (hoping that there will in fact be more)?

Regards, James
Great figures, which are ideal for creating table-top units 'in advance'.

Looking again at the sprue photo and pondering on James' observation, the only/best way that I can make 48 figures is 3 x main sprue (36 figures) and 2x each of the 'officer sprue' (4 figures) and 2 x 'flag' sprue (8 figures) making 48. This would seem to be an ideal combination, since it would allow two table-top battalions of c. 20-22 figures each to be made from a single box, and a few casualties left over.

If this is a format that Strelets are intending for other Napoleonic 'in attack' sets then I definitely support the mix and numbers of figures and command + casualty figures.

CREDO CHE SARANNO 10 X 4 + 8 MA STAREMO A VEDERE ;)

luca
CREDO CHE SARANNO 10 X 4 + 8 MA STAREMO A VEDERE ;)

That works Luca, but the main sprue pictured has 12 figures on it?
Unless, of course, if the two casualties on the left hand end are not on the normal main sprue, then indeed you have it—and likely do, I guess!
Regards, James

Awesome

Love the casualty figures. I have no Bavarians what a great set to start with!

All my previous Nappy units were 24 figures. Since I started painting these new boxes of Austrian Grenadiers and Russians I have based them up as 45 figure units. Wow! They look great!

Huge amount of painting per one unit but man they do look good. Having the command match the pose of the unit and then having variations of the troopers is great. Looks so good and varied. Love this scale and products.

Reminds me of the first boxes of Airfix Nappy's I bought as a kid. No painting, whole box on one base, as a unit to play with. Until they all fell off because the glue wouldn't hold...

Casualty figures are really helpful for gaming. much better than rings or chits or dice etc.