Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday Post

"To paraphrase the words of the esteemed Mr Buckingham...

'Very nice, but these are of no use at all in Flanders in the early eighteenth century!'."

😂😂 true but then i suppose their weaponry would be more advanced!! Cause quite a shock id imagine with the soldiers of the time!! Not sure where the supply of ammunition would come from for them though!!!!

But forgetting that little detail.......they arent much use for Waterloo either!!! 😂😂

Nah but seriously Strelets, some very nice figures for Alan and anyone else interested in that subject. Fair play to them if its their turn.
I especially like the top 2 poses. Ive been wanting something similar to those poses in Napoleonic sets, whether that be light troops/rifles skirmishing or a line/square being broken, those kind of poses would work nicely.

Roger W
"To paraphrase the words of the esteemed Mr Buckingham...

'Very nice, but these are of no use at all in Flanders in the early eighteenth century!'."

😂😂 true but then i suppose their weaponry would be more advanced!! Cause quite a shock id imagine with the soldiers of the time!! Not sure where the supply of ammunition would come from for them though!!!!

But forgetting that little detail.......they arent much use for Waterloo either!!! 😂😂

Nah but seriously Strelets, some very nice figures for Alan and anyone else interested in that subject. Fair play to them if its their turn.
I especially like the top 2 poses. Ive been wanting something similar to those poses in Napoleonic sets, whether that be light troops/rifles skirmishing or a line/square being broken, those kind of poses would work nicely.
Yes, I suspect that a rifle capable of 'taking out' commanders at 1,000 metres would have caused quite a shock at any of Marlborough's battles, and would in fact make 18th century battles pretty much impossible! Ah, the realms of fantasy. How different Waterloo might have been if the Gatling had been invented 50 or so years earlier.....hardly bears thinking about.

I'm sure that one at least of these Arab poses would be suitable for the (hopefully forthcoming) War of Spanish Succession French Dragoons Skirmishing set:wink: ....just replace the robe with breeches, gaiters, a large coat (no turnbacks), long musket, cartridge box, and replace the headdress with the characteristic stocking cap worn by French dragoons....

Enjoy the weekend!

😂 not much to change on the figures then?!!!

Nah my modelling skills wont manage change such poses that drastically!! Strelets will just have to do similar "running" poses with the correct uniforms in WSS & Napoleonic "action" sets! 😉

But such poses would be good for skirmishers or of a line/square being broken and routed.

The old Esci/Italeri running figures look more like they are competing in some sort of Olympic sport rather than on a battlefield!!! Some very weird angles their legs go!!

While no good for our musket eras, these top 2 running poses do at least look far more believable. So good job Strelets.

And yes, enjoy your weekend too!

Absolutely wonderful; but where are the camels?

Everyone seems to be very keen on new WSS figures. So I would like to add my request for a WSS set. Please consider the Baden-Baden Camel corp de Roi
:)

Very good looking figures !
With a lot of movement.
Are they supposed to go along the French Foreign Legion ?
Regards.

Patrice

Well I like them, and another set of Arabs that can be used late 19th to mid 20th century should please lots of collectors , and very very deserty. I am looking foreword to seeing more of the figures we have been so tantalizingly teased with , Western desert 1940/43, as can be seen from my peers comments I am not the only one excited about Strelets future sets.

I like them...

The foreign Legion needs more enemies.

And this guys are the right boys for this job.

Running for cover...while FFL-Arty is firing like hell..

Great poses and figures - FFL and Colonial Wars always a favorite with me. I might have to dive back in.

More Arabs!

This could become a favorite set of mine.

* I like the idea of plug in Arab curved swords with ring-hands. Nice detail!
* Wearing French ammo pouches it looks like. Taken from an unfortunate Legionnaire, no doubt? Never seen this original detail before.
* All with Lebel Rifles - long lived.
* Should look good fighting enemies throughout two centuries.

Nice Friday Teaser pictures :slightly_smiling_face:

I don't think that they should consider it. I am good with the latest new WSS Figures. As a matter of I am more than contented same feelings I have when I am playing animal jam online and carvana. Also, maybe it is up to the owner and moderator.

Awesome! Loving more Arabs/Bedouins!
Who gives a crap about WSS?!

Bert
Ah Bert, what a way with words you have.

Fortunately, Strelets do,

Minuteman
Bert
Ah Bert, what a way with words you have.

Fortunately, Strelets do,
Haha, sorry Bert, im afraid plenty of people seem to care about the WSS!!

Its not my subject of interest sure, but if they sell well, its more money in the account for Strelets who can then reinvest some of it into the sets we might want.

Other eras still act as a advertisment for Strelets quality of sculpting. That advertisment may bring in more customers, thus again bringing in more money.

So alas we just have to wait our turn Bert!!