Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Brushes

"...and they all have a shorter life than they would have had ,if only I had taken as much care cleaning them as using them."

Thats it, Alan...
Never let the color dry on the brush and clean them often during painting...and your brushes will be your comrades for many years...:laughing:

I used to buy my brushes from the works but the smaller sizes didn't seem to last very long..
I now buy from a seller on ebay you can buy either a mixed set or a set that has all ooooo size brushes which I buy.
The brushes are made of wolfs hair and seem to last longer than the works brushes & are easy to clean
You get 10 brushes for £5 the seller is of course is in china and trades under the name tgg 591 if you want to try them out.:wink:

Mr Steve Pickstock!
Amazing affair the Pringles plastic top!
Great idea that I'll follow for sure
Thank you very much indeed

I started using an AK 00 paintbrush recently and I'm really satisfied with it.

zirrian
They do look good dont they? Might get a set of ABC brushes and 1 or 2 of these in 000 size and see which i prefer. May be little difference, but i need stock up on brushes anyway.
During all this lockdown business ive done fair bit painting and some my brushes are looking very tired!!! Need stock up on paint too!!

Problem is, it still doesnt look like ive made much of a dent in my boxes of soldiers!!!

Thanks for the suggestions 😊

Speaking of clearing down the 'stash'...
I'm currently cleaning up my attic, and keep finding boxes of figures, sprues or just individual figures. So far I am up to over 200 litres of figures, in terms of large plastic boxes.
And that is not even counting the scenery, 28mm stuff, 1/16th scale tanks, books, materials, model boats, steam punk gear, reenacting equipment, CDs etc that are up there as well.
I can only do so much at a time because of back problems, but I think this lock down will need to end in 2024 before I get the place cleared and then I can start getting some of it finished.

If people keep throwing wild partys, gatherings and invading beaches like its D-Day, a longer lockdown might very well happen!!!

zirrian
OK,

but sometimes it is better to use an AK 47...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

😂😂

i'm another person using firstly the Boldmere (The Works) brushes for detailed work while they are OK then general painting. But for fine detail I have the ABC brushes. For a painting palette I use left over lids from test paint pots in the same way that Steve Pickstock uses Pringle tube tops