Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Austrian Line Infantry

Far enough, I agree whole heartedly on the Artillery and Cav sets you recommend. I do entirely get the idea of giving them a chance. It is a small industry, tiny. A good selling set would help them a lot I assume.

However, in terms of waiting for Hat. Well I lost patience years ago. Just because Hat has the masters doesn't mean a set will come out this decade.

I could use them today to go with my recently painted Grenadiers and other Hat Austrians.

Yeah i get what you mean about the wait for sets to go from planning to being released. My patience with them has also been stretched, like the total mess they made with the British Peninsular cavalry. Had wait ages for them to be made, and when they were released, they got the scale wrong!!! Then we had wait again for them to make them in correct scale!!!

Add to that when planned sets are finally released and stocks run out, it can be ages before they are restocked. Its certainly frustrating.

If they can release these sets and start seeing them sell well, maybe it might just give them a bit of a boost in finances & morale, and give them the confidence to speed things up more.

Im waiting to see what happens about the Dutch/Belgian heavy cavalry (Carabiniers) for Waterloo they have started thinking about.
Not getting my hopes up though!!!!

I have seen listed on Hannants future page , all the Hat Austrians ,ACW and British dragoons, that usually means release is immanent.

Yes, I too am waiting for more Austrians and in particular Hungarians, which sofar only had a few poses for Grenadiers in Italeri/Esci's Austrian set from decades ago. A range with and without greatcoats, helmets and shako's are always welcome. So is artillery and light cavalry. Strelets Austrian grenadiers in greatcoats are easily portrayed as Hungarian grenadiers in greatcoats by painting the legs blue with a yellow stripe(which obviously I have done with some of the multiple sets I have bought. They look the part. That is an advantage of troops in greatcoats. You don't have to do much to turn them into something other than intended.

I painted my sets of Austrian Grenadiers as Hungarians too! Love the look.
The marching sets look like one of horrible winter battles slogging forward.
I love the officer in the standing pose box. Great stuff. I am really excited about the new grenadiers that are coming.