Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sarissa Precision La Haye Sainte in 20mm

It will be the same one as Italeri`s, as they make them for them. I pestered them in to making Rorkes drift in 1/72 in a persistent I am going to keep reminding you sort of way. The El Alamein station is available to on it`s own.

That's a good tip Roger!

I have the old Airfix Farmhouse (built and based) and I think I have a 'spare' in the back of the loft as well...but I'd have to check! The Airfix model was pretty good, and with some embellishments is still perfectly presentable: But this Sarissa model looks quite superb. It's a touch more expensive than the Airfix one though.

Interestingly, in researching the battle of Ramillies (1706) recently I have come to realise that farm buildings in that part of Belgium did not change greatly between the early 1700s and early 1800s - meaning that in fact parts of La Haye Sainte (and indeed the whole thing) are perfectly useable for the War of Spanish Succession in Flanders as well.

Hi guys.
Yes i too used to have the Airfix version when I was a kid. All sorts of armys fought over that farm back then!!

This is indeed the version Italeri released in their Waterloo set. I bought it beginning of last year, along with the barn and stables. The main set only came with the farmhouse and frontage (and a few sprues from Italeri's Napoleonic range), so the barn and stables had to be purchased seperately. I think the main box was somthing like £65, the Barn £30 and the stables around £25.

Now the whole farm can be bought for £75 (and without Italeri's "wonderful" Napoleonic offerings!), so still pricey, but it is a high quality representation in laser cut MDF.

If only I had waited a year and a half!!!!