Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lovely representation of the Régiment de Picardie 'Minuteman'

Well done Mark, these look lovely painted, based and arrayed for battle!

Even though the War of Spanish Succession is not one of my 'things', I have ordered a box of each of these lovely French sets—partly for the pure joy of collecting. (I'm sure that I'll find a place for most of them as Russians of the Great Northern War. The officers will fit in a number of places.)

Thanks for posting,

James

Re: Lovely representation of the Régiment de Picardie 'Minuteman'

Thank you James!:slightly_smiling_face:

Since offering these photos to Strelets some time ago I have been busy painting and basing more of this excellent range, so now have a lot more to show, including the light-blue coated Bavarian Leibgarde and their grenadier battalion (conversions) and the French mercenary Irish regiment of Clare in their red coats and yellow facings: notoriously similar therefore to many English and Scots units that they fought! Famously, the Brigade of Regiments Picardie and Clare formed a significant part of the garrison of Ramillies village at the battle of the same name in 1706.

This range is a delight to paint and I will be pressing on with more in coming days - concentrating now on English and Scottish units - while eagerly awaiting some cavalry to join their companions on foot.

I'd very highly recommend the following blog for anyone wanting to read up on the battle of Ramillies: http://obscurebattles.blogspot.com/2016/09/ramillies-1706.html

The author also covers the battle of Blenheim and many other battles outside of the WoSS period.

Hi,
It is impressive and very nice to watch.
How many figures are on the roll call on this regiment?
Cheers
CPN

Thank you CPN. This regiment was made up of 3 battalions at Ramillies (a total of around 1,660 men), and two of these battalions and the combined grenadier company are shown in the photos. My French battalions are 21 figures each. My figure to actual ratio is around 1:30, although I do flex this sometimes, so with the grenadiers added this makes around 70 figures for the regiment; it will be one extra when I can add a mounted colonel...just waiting for Strelets to release a suitable mounted figure!

I accept that the figure scale that I use makes this proud Regiment a little larger than it actually was at the battle, but I am prepared to live with that.

I have been admiring these. Delighted to discover they're by Minuteman; really great job that brings out the wonderful character of these figures.

Edwardian
I have been admiring these. Delighted to discover they're by Minuteman; really great job that brings out the wonderful character of these figures.
Thank you Edwardian. Yes, these figures are full of character and a joy to paint. Quite a lot more now painted and more still in the pipeline!