Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ligny and Quatre Bras: wargaming the historical battles

Your Ligny game looks quite fantastic Donald. Thanks for sharing the link.

It's a testament to the value of 1/72 figures for wargames 'in the grand manner'; bigger than 15mm, so you can actually see individual figures as well as units. But a bit smaller (and less expensive) than 28mm.

Great battlefield landscape and scenery as well. This one must have taken months in the planning, surely?

Up till this year (sigh), we've put on a mega game on at our local Train & Hobby show for the past 12 years. Bronze Age, Punics, Waterloo, SYW, ECW AZW etc. Something new, every year.

It's the focus of our group's yearly activities & although we do other things, game other periods, it is, indeed, the yearly focus.

Thanks for the kind comments.

donald

Well, 2020 might be written off but there is always 2021 to look forward to.

Where does your Train and Hobby Show reside? I might just turn up next year! It will be, for instance, the 263rd (I think) anniversary of Leuthen (5 December 1757). Your new Austrians could have a 'public' outing, and this time they might just be on the winning side...just if they can move fast enough to block the Prussian oblique attack. And if they have not already done so, Strelets might be suitably inspired by this to produce some SYW cavalry (VIP ticket included)….you never know.

Minuteman
Well, 2020 might be written off but there is always 2021 to look forward to.

Where does your Train and Hobby Show reside? I might just turn up next year! It will be, for instance, the 263rd (I think) anniversary of Leuthen (5 December 1757). Your new Austrians could have a 'public' outing, and this time they might just be on the winning side...just if they can move fast enough to block the Prussian oblique attack. And if they have not already done so, Strelets might be suitably inspired by this to produce some SYW cavalry (VIP ticket included)….you never know.
August, in Pine Rivers in Brisbane, QLD. OZ.

Turn up? You'd be given a command & a place of honour!

2021 will be Antietam. One of our number is very much a fan of the ACW. He is currently constructing the unique terrain items needed. Literally dozens of metres of snake fencing & his cornfields! You need to see them.

So Strelets (& maybe HaT's???) ACW output is very opportune.

donald

Hallo Donald,

your Ligny-Battlefield is really great... !

I am totally surprised that the Battle of Ligny is being depicted in Australia.

Here in Europe, the Battle of Ligny, which the Prussians fought without any hope of British support, is almost forgotten. Maybe because it wasn't a "glorious victory"... But the Prussians stopped Napoleon's advance there, forced him to battle and inflicted heavy losses on him. Without Ligny, there would have been no victory at Waterloo.

That's why I'm really excited about your Ligny game and the great details of the landscape.

Wonderful

:+1:

History is a mystery

Gerd
Hallo Donald,

I am totally surprised that the Battle of Ligny is being depicted in Australia.

Here in Europe, the Battle of Ligny, which the Prussians fought without any hope of British support, is almost forgotten. Maybe because it wasn't a "glorious victory"... But the Prussians stopped Napoleon's advance there, forced him to battle and inflicted heavy losses on him. Without Ligny, there would have been no victory at Waterloo.

Here, in Australia, Gerd, the topics of Prussia & Ligny are rarely off people's lips.

But seriously, a few people in OZ, like any where else, know some history & the vast majority struggle to know anything that happened before last Tuesday.

And thanks for the kind words.

donald

Great photos Paintdog! I especially like to admire the close-ups of the figures!

Cheers