Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Suomi

Just wanted to thank these two companies for combining to provide my latest haul over the past week. I was able to obtain the reissues of STRM001-003 to accompany my Vikings, which as of the moment are my favorite 1/72 set of all time (the more shield infantry in my home, the happier it is). I ordered them through Linear-A here in Germany, which despite the inherent difficulties with our current times were shipped promptly and without incident. I have no doubts that the Normans, Anglo-Saxons, and Vikings will combine to cause utter mischief here in the future. Thanks!

Sincerely,
TheBabylonian109

P.S.- As for the Finnish AT guns, they would like to say:

Ready (At the ready)- Valmiina
Aim (target)- osoittaa
Fire! (attack now)- hyökätä nyt

If somebody is much better at Finnish than I am please confirm this. :joy:

Re: Suomi

P.S.- As for the Finnish AT guns, they would like to say:

Ready (At the ready)- Valmiina

that's ok to me

Aim (target)- osoittaa

Most likely the person giving orderts/instructions could point his hands where-ever he could because the shooter is not looking at him but through the gunsights so he would give commands like "kärkivaunu" (the leading one) or "kolmas (vaunu)" (the third (one)) or "piiska vasemmalla" (ATgun on the left) depending on what they are supposed to destroy.

Fire! (attack now)- hyökätä nyt

"Tulta!" ("fire") wuold be enough.
Attacking would mean taking the gun forward and keeping up with the advancing infantry. Not fun but necessary time to time. The Bofors (37 PstK/36) is/was quite a light piece of artillery (370 kg) but still way heavier than the 95 S 55 recoilles rifle (90+50 kg) I was trained to use. It was officially called "heavy recoilles rifle" but because no piece of weaponery is ever concidered as light by those who are to carry them around it was also known as "heavy-as-hell recoilles rifle". Ordinary infantry guys thought the piece (M72 LAW) they had were heavy extra load (2,5-3,5 kg) to drag around we in the at laughed at them when taking our Musti out for a walk in the woods ("Musti" as a common nickname for a black dog).
Actually we were supposed to keep up with the attacking infantry to provide at cover or directfire support. Easier with Musti - but still not very funny.

If somebody is much better at Finnish than I am please confirm this.

You're welcome.

I'm still not quite able to believe that someone is producing Finnish troops in 1/72. Twenty or thirty years ago it would have sounded like a bad and sour joke - or a wish without any kind of sense of reality. Something that would really be way too wonderful to be true - ever.

Re: Suomi

Indeed, thank you very much! I will write these down and stow them away safely in my random historically themed paperwork on the laptop here. :grin: