Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Week-end post

PS please can we see some more ?

PPS , .......These guys are of use in the Desert 1940/43....

It's like waiting for a bus in London. You wait for so long, then two come along together!

"can we see some more ?"

No probs:

Best regards,

Strelets

Great figures - enough to make me want to plunge back into the era again.

Brilliant, been waiting for these for ages

Strelets-R
"can we see some more ?"

No probs:

Best regards,

Strelets
Cruel........but funny:joy:

I hope they are not all drinking tea.....

"Shall I be Mother?" in the language of the '40s....

Great sculpts, I'm not sure that I have seen anyone actually pouring from a teapot in a 1/72 military set before...but I may be wrong, just can't think of one.

Just think what you could do with an 18th century/WoSS Camp set, Strelets! Officers being served wine by their valets, Regimental wives running an impromptu bar with a large cask of ale, soldiers in undress with beer tankards etc etc

Have a good weekend, I'm just off to have a cuppa.:slightly_smiling_face:

If that set is what it seems to be, I am delighted for Mr B. Could I resist a set featuring tea pouring, of any era? Probably not. I could think of several interesting conversion possibilities.

Then Minuteman really snatched my focus away to

Just think what you could do with an 18th century/WoSS Camp set, Strelets! Officers being served wine by their valets, Regimental wives running an impromptu bar with a large cask of ale, soldiers in undress with beer tankards etc etc

Minuteman, I am thinking about that now, and going slightly giddy at the thought. What a capital set that would be!

Come on guys, you don`t see me hijacking WSS threads to talk about LRDG/SAS sets........:innocent:

Just some thoughts and I hope it`s not too late , LRDG figures , headgear , early war , side caps and cap comforters were commonly worn, later by 43 the black tank beret was universal, Arab head dress was worn on parade and during sand storms , but it was hot and impractical to work in ,so was not worn all the time by anyone. Sand goggles were essential and everyone had them and used them. Clothing , everyone, all ranks wore what they felt comfortable in, head to toe, early on lots of kit was old WW1 vintage, later most came from the UK. personal weapons , SMLE and Thompson smg were issued , but Italian smg`s were popular too. They were trained never to wonder out of sight of the trucks in the desert, for fear of disorientation and getting lost, so ammo and webbing etc were minimal, usually nothing more than a belt. They were man for man the most heavily armed troops in the desert, but the fire power was on the trucks. Early on this was Lewis guns , Vickers mmg 303 , and .5 vickers, one truck carried a 37mm Bofors , but this was replaced with Italian 20mm`s once they had been captured as they were lighter and more versatile, ie both aircraft and light armour could be dealt with. The main roll of the LDDG was recon and intelligence gathering, "beat ups" were rare and became the SAS`s roll in long range desert work.

Alan Buckingham
Just some thoughts and I hope it`s not too late , LRDG figures , headgear , early war , side caps and cap comforters were commonly worn, later by 43 the black tank beret was universal, Arab head dress was worn on parade and during sand storms , but it was hot and impractical to work in ,so was not worn all the time by anyone. Sand goggles were essential and everyone had them and used them. Clothing , everyone, all ranks wore what they felt comfortable in, head to toe, early on lots of kit was old WW1 vintage, later most came from the UK. personal weapons , SMLE and Thompson smg were issued , but Italian smg`s were popular too. They were trained never to wonder out of sight of the trucks in the desert, for fear of disorientation and getting lost, so ammo and webbing etc were minimal, usually nothing more than a belt. They were man for man the most heavily armed troops in the desert, but the fire power was on the trucks. Early on this was Lewis guns , Vickers mmg 303 , and .5 vickers, one truck carried a 37mm Bofors , but this was replaced with Italian 20mm`s once they had been captured as they were lighter and more versatile, ie both aircraft and light armour could be dealt with. The main roll of the LDDG was recon and intelligence gathering, "beat ups" were rare and became the SAS`s roll in long range desert work.
side cap; battle-dress jacket; baggy trousers and "cor'blimey boots " and it could be my O' Dad.
he was in the LRDG in North Africa, Sicily and Italy. Not sure what he was up to in the last two places as we have photographs of him on skis, and on horse-back amongst other modes of transport.

Thank you Strelets, it will be great to have my Dad and his oppos in miniature.

For those of you who want to depict the Israeli War of Independence period, you've got yourself some Arab irregulars right here.

Milk,one sugar.👍

The Nectar of the Gods. Heavenly.