Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday everywhere

Winter war Finns look great but I think the earlier sets of Finns and Russians will need to be brought up to today's standard.

Hi Strelets,

Fantastic Russian Genadiers/Infantry figures just a couple of observations in the pursuit of perfection, I don't believe they carried bread bags it would be better if these were removed, the covered shako would have been a rarity and worn with winter greatcoats if at all so no more of these please.

The quality of sculpting recently is top class I particularly like the standard bearer he has long tails of an officers coat I really hope this is correct because he will look superb painted.

Dear Brian,

A contrary view, if I may. I like them with the bread bags, as illustrated in the painting of grenadiers at rest by Alexander Averyanov (shown amongst his paintings here https://www.wallpaperflare.com/search?wallpaper=Averyanov+Alexander).

Of course, paintings are not evidence, but they look good!

Regards

James

Borodino beckons

I simply don't have enough Russian infantry. This looks like changing.

donald

AB Russians have bread bags in 18mm, so if good enough for Mr Barton, then good enough for me

I just interviewed the soldier in question and he said sorry, he was hungry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: