Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friday everywhere

Dear Strelets,

Some may not yet be awake yet, but the Kiwis will be thinking of turning in soon!

What will you surprise us with?

James

Re: Friday everywhere

Hardly a surprise, James - it's just time to stop for a moment and have some rest before further action next week.

and for those, preferring hardware:

Have a nice one, gentlemen!

Faithfully Yours,

Strelets

I did not expect *those*! Beautiful Russians thanks so much.

The machine gun oughta get those who prefer later periods a bit excited too.

With thanks,

James

Great Russian sculpts Strelets! The standard bearer is particularly fine...and he is wearing a very good gorget, which your WoSS French officers are missing.

The Finnish Anti-Tank squad looks fine; not a subject I am well up on, but I can spot and appreciate an anti-tank rifle when I see one. These diminutive weapons are so rarely modelled in this hobby.

About time the Napoleonic Russians had an anti tank rifle. but will it be able to pierce the French pikemen's breastplates?

Good looking models and it seems to me that there's been someone asking for winter war Finns for as long as I've been reading this forum. I hope this answers, it's nice when someone's dream comes true.

http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Set.aspx?SetID=380&M=M

Winter war Finns look great but I think the earlier sets of Finns and Russians will need to be brought up to today's standard.

Hi Strelets,

Fantastic Russian Genadiers/Infantry figures just a couple of observations in the pursuit of perfection, I don't believe they carried bread bags it would be better if these were removed, the covered shako would have been a rarity and worn with winter greatcoats if at all so no more of these please.

The quality of sculpting recently is top class I particularly like the standard bearer he has long tails of an officers coat I really hope this is correct because he will look superb painted.

Dear Brian,

A contrary view, if I may. I like them with the bread bags, as illustrated in the painting of grenadiers at rest by Alexander Averyanov (shown amongst his paintings here https://www.wallpaperflare.com/search?wallpaper=Averyanov+Alexander).

Of course, paintings are not evidence, but they look good!

Regards

James

Borodino beckons

I simply don't have enough Russian infantry. This looks like changing.

donald

AB Russians have bread bags in 18mm, so if good enough for Mr Barton, then good enough for me

I just interviewed the soldier in question and he said sorry, he was hungry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: