Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French pikemen

Zouave72
TheBabylonian109
I am thinking of buying a box just so I can have a scene where King Louis XIV angrily confronts D\'Artagan and says \"WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE!?!??!\" :smile:
It is a different saying, but it is also what I think. We can find in this or that text a quotation that describes the pikemen in action. Of course, but it is not representative of the time. I will buy, but only the drummer and the officers interest me.

I like when Louis XIV speaks to d'Artagnan, especially when he asks the truth about the necklace and jewels of the Queen in the year 1708 watching the action of musketeers and pikemen against fusillers.

Don't be cruel to me, it's a joke, a clumsy touch of humor, which doesn't have much place here, but still a just little . . . :wink:
Sorry Zouave, but it wasn´t Louis XIV who was the king and husband of queen Anna.

The musketeers and d´Artagnan are figures under the reign of Louis XIII (1601-43).

Désolé Sansovino, mais D'artagnan et ses trois camarades mousquetaires ne vécurent leurs aventures à l'époque de Louis XIII... qu'uniquement dans le roman d'Alexandre Dumas ! En réalité, le D'artagnan historique fit la quasi totalité de sa carrière sous Louis XIV et mourut le 25 juin 1673 au siège de Maastricht, pendant la guerre de Hollande.

Sorry Sansovino, but the true D'Artagnan (not Alexandre Dumas' character) spent all his career after Louis XIII's death and under the Sun King's reign. He died during the War of Holland, at the siege of Maastricht, on the 25th june 1673

Georges de Beaulieu
Désolé Sansovino, mais D'artagnan et ses trois camarades mousquetaires ne vécurent leurs aventures à l'époque de Louis XIII... qu'uniquement dans le roman d'Alexandre Dumas ! En réalité, le D'artagnan historique fit la quasi totalité de sa carrière sous Louis XIV et mourut le 25 juin 1673 au siège de Maastricht, pendant la guerre de Hollande.

Sorry Sansovino, but the true D'Artagnan (not Alexandre Dumas' character) spent all his career after Louis XIII's death and under the Sun King's reign. He died during the War of Holland, at the siege of Maastricht, on the 25th june 1673
Sorry Georges, but the true d´Artagnan hadn´t surely nothing to do with the necklace of the queen?
The d`Artagnan which was mentioned with this story was certainly the Dumas figure, but thanks for your remark of the historical and not fictional d´Artagnan.

Sansovino

Zouave72 probably speaks about this d'Artagnan ...

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_de_Montesquiou_d%27Artagnan

... who in fact championed the preservation of pikemen while Vauban strongly argued in favour of abolishing them. As we all know, it was Vauban who bore the palm.

But, perhaps, Zouave wants to comment himself on what exactly he meant ...

:relaxed: