Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Admiring Crimean Figures - Wow!

Funny, I also just recently got interested in the Crimean war. I read a book about the Baltic campaign and got interested especially in the Finnish-Russian forces involved. So Russian line infantry is my favourite now. Expecting to get Orlando Figes book about the war soon.
Yes a great line of figures by Steele's! I have a soft spot for sieges with heavy artillery involved, Speira miniatures has some great ACW heavy artillery that works for me :)

I mean strelets of course...

yes, a great range and full of action-oriented figures. i chose to blend a few Crimean sets
into my Napoleonic armies because of the great sculpts and the ability to increase the number of "green" and "red" troops. a sacrilege, i know, to mix different eras, but at this
scale, some of the Crimean sets(British Line,Russian Uhlans,Don Cossacks)are not too
dissimilar to soldiers of an earlier time.

I've enjoyed recruiting some of these sets for other Campaigns or Wars, also!

Actually, I bought several of the Crimean Russian Naval Artillery sets in both Silver and Terracotta to use as ACW cannons. I also swopped the barrels with each other to mix up the color combo using one side USA and the reverse combo CSA.

I have also enjoyed using the Turkish Army and Turkish Artillery (Set 111) to stand in for Gordon Pasha's Egyptian Army to fight in Khartoum. I like that Fez look!

I like the Fez look too! I have to get those guys.