Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nice Week-End!

It will be extra good now Strelets, thank you!

Field Marshal Mikhail Kutuzov I presume this will be good weekend but not for Napoleon.

I remember when the obligatory pose for an officer figure was arm upraised peering through binoculars.

How nice is it that Strelets and their sculptor are pushing the envelope so far with these recent offerings. The potential has always been there - from early staff figure sets - etc, but now it seems to have gone to a whole new level, what with the WSS and Napoleonic offerings. If a person was so inclined they could just paint officers.

Please keep them coming.

Nice weekend to you Mr strelets & very nice figures as well thanks for showing them to us.

Wonderful sculptures.

Very good indeed! Does this suggest that Strelets might be making new high command sets for Napoleonics? Very interesting....

Great work!
Just ordering the new Russian Foot. And thinking we could use some new generals too!

I already have a strelets Kutuzof but no matter; whether this figure is to be Kutuzof or a more generic officer I absolutely love that sculpt, he looks like a proper soldier.

Getting better is never wrong...

I have painted the old Strelets Set 02 (Russian & Prussian Staff) during the corona-shut-down. The set is still interesting, but the uniforms are very easy an have have less details.
New staff-sets of napo wars will be wonderful...
Possible like the smaller arms sets...just 10 figures...the main marshals and generals...thats enough..

Beautiful. I know I painted the older version some years back but it doesn't mean I won't jump for the new one.

Gerd
Getting better is never wrong...

I have painted the old Strelets Set 02 (Russian & Prussian Staff) during the corona-shut-down. The set is still interesting, but the uniforms are very easy an have have less details.
New staff-sets of napo wars will be wonderful...
Possible like the smaller arms sets...just 10 figures...the main marshals and generals...thats enough..
Or maybe this is an opportunity to have set made up of three sprues: a sprue of 10 commanders and generals: and then a couple of sprues (10 figures each) of extra line officers, NCOs, standard bearers and musicians for that particular army. The Strelets format of 4 x 10 figure sprues and one command sprue doesn't really provide enough command figures, especially for wargames units of around 20-24 figures.

These boxes could simply be called, for example: "Russian command: Napoleonic wars"; "Austrian command: Napoleonic wars" etc etc

The old 'Staff' sets did after all include quite a lot of on-off non-senior figures alongside the generals. So this would be doing roughly the same thing, just in a slightly different way, and at a higher quality.

"Or maybe this is an opportunity to have set made up of three sprues: a sprue of 10 commanders and generals: and then a couple of sprues (10 figures each) of extra line officers, NCOs, standard bearers and musicians for that particular army. The Strelets format of 4 x 10 figure sprues and one command sprue doesn't really provide enough command figures, especially for wargames units of around 20-24 figures.

These boxes could simply be called, for example: "Russian command: Napoleonic wars"; "Austrian command: Napoleonic wars" etc etc "

This is exactly what I was thinking too! I second this suggestion.

All my other Napoleonic units are 24 figures. It works great with those 48 boxes from Hat and others.

I would gladly buy more of those command sprues. They new ones are particularly awesome too.

I just bought 8 boxes of Russian Infantry. I would love to buy a box or two of extra command sprues from those boxes with a sprue or two of generals, and some casualty figures!

Casualty figures, or figures showing states of "disorder", are great for wargaming. I love the figures in the Crimean range where two guys are helping a third. Having a way to show 1, 2, or 3 disorders on a unit with casualty figures looks awesome.

Superb. Excellent staff work.

I'm having a War and Peace moment ...