Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Musketeers Marching

Pointless to make another word about the fusils again, it's of no avail .... But why include only four poses representing marching soldiers and another four poses of clearly advancing (attacking), not marching, soldiers in a set called "... on the march"?

Master Kunz
Pointless to make another word about the fusils again,

But yet, you do.

Good dog.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Master Kunz
Good dog.

:slightly_smiling_face:

There are a lot of nice people on this forum. Sadly, you're not one of them.
Your constant complaining, rudeness & invective are like a pain in my teeth (NB clever allusion to a certain infamous dentist circa 1940s you seem to share a name with).

seem to recall that some French regiments were quite late in getting flintlocks in place of matchlocks due to production, distribution problems and the the reluctance of certain colonels of regiments to pay for replacements, so i'm very happy about this latest set, on way from Hannants UK, the command figures look great, again congrats to Strelets for bringing out superb models for WSS, looking forward to release of forthcoming British cavalry set and i trust many more sets for the period, keep up the great work

as to dogs, have owned and trained many in my lifetime and have found they are more intelligent, polite, and respectful than a certain poster

stay safe in these troubled times
cheers Old John

old John
seem to recall that some French regiments were quite late in getting flintlocks in place of matchlocks due to production, distribution problems and the the reluctance of certain colonels of regiments to pay for replacements, so i'm very happy about this latest set,
cheers Old John

Hello, John,

interesting. And I still think some work with knife & glue on the firearms is a solution for those who can't live with the existing configuration.

ruff-ruff, donald

I'm very pleased with most of the poses in this set, and in fact the better ones in my view are the advancing poses....which do make up 50% of this set (as Master Kunz has validly pointed out, in his own style). But all are perfectly useable for tabletop formations.

I'd also question whether even the keenest-eyed wargamer would spot that these are matchlocks rather than flintlocks seen from more than about 12-18 inches above the table. Having spent ages modifying firearms (barrels and locks) on some Redbox Renaissance Italian infantry in the past, for the sake of expediency I've decided not to play around too much with the locks on these muskets, and will simply put a blob of gunmetal paint in the required area and keep it at that!

More sets with these poses, which are so good for wargames units, will be most welcome.