Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nuove creazioni

Dear Luca,

It is yes and yes for mine.

With a contingent of some 30 000, most of them infantry, there is plenty of room for these Strelets beauties to expand my Bavarians (a mix of figures (poses, manufacturers, accoutrements) is a great preference of mine and I like to be able to do games at a range of scales of figure:man).

I like all of the suggestions made by yourself and others in this thread so far.

I'd add one more: guns. I find myself with too many gunners and too few guns, so it would be marvellous to be able to buy cannon by themselves--a box of six or more perhaps? Single calibre per box, or perhaps a mixture of the main types (barrel size, carriage) for the key participants.

There is always scope for more Napoleonics in my book (along with other periods, of course). Fortunately Strelets seem able to turn sets from concept to reality—a d@mned fine reality at that—across a range of periods, in a 'flash', much to our delight.

Cheers, James

Si, tutti piace Italiano e Inglese aqui! :smiley:

I personally would love a Seven Years' War line, as there are so many levels to the war (Americas, India, Central Europe, Low Countries) that it has real potential that has never been remotely tapped. For starters I would settle for a set of Seven Years' War French. Any French infantry. French-Canadians, Marines, Levies from India, anybody.

The point about artillery is well made as well. While we all appreciate the Revell artillery sets from the old days and honestly I have a secret admiration for the poses in the two Great Northern War sets Strelets did, I think in the future it would be nice if separate sets are offered for artillery crews, artillery pieces, and limbers/caissons, etc. Having one limber for six cannons is not always very useful.

Re: Nuove creazioni - Seven Years (World) War

I think if, in due course, Strelets produced a SYW range equivalent to the way their excellent WSS is shaping up, my joy would be complete.

I would also beg that there should be some focus on the British and French, as opposed to just Prussians and Austrians.

The WSS range is promising cavalry, so, hopefully, this will become a reasonably comprehensive all arms range; I'd love to see a SYW French maison du roi cavalry set like the one it looks like we're getting for WSS.

A decent French and British range would allow the global nature of this conflict to be depicted ...

Europe:

Rossbach for the French);

Minden (for the British and French); and,

I suggest, there is fertile wargamming ground in the amphibious campaign of the British against France ("breaking windows with guineas")

New France

Havanna 1762

India!

Oh, yes, how about some 18th C Indians?

Edwardian

Oh, yes, how about some 18th C Indians?

Which Indians? ....yes, I know you mean those from the sub-continent but more for the F&IW wouldn't hurt either.

(otherwise concur entirely)

donald

I would like to hope and to see that Strelets continue their WSS range before to begin a totally new range.

A very big player is still missing: Austria for the WSS range: Austrian infantry, grenadiers, artillery and cavalry with Prince Eugen. Then also bavarian grenadiers and cavalry - for the other can other ones can be used french sets. Then prussians whose uniforms were quite different to the other armies.

I hate broken themes, to buy the new sets hopefully and than the production change its mind and no more new figures add the exisiting sets. So it was unfortunatly with the Napoleonic American theme, 4 sets and than the Napoleonic american regulars are missing till today. And we had already enough topics that many of us missing new sets with the enemies of antique Rome or the very missed Byzantines.

sansovino
I would like to hope and to see that Strelets continue their WSS range before to begin a totally new range.

A very big player is still missing: Austria for the WSS range: Austrian infantry, grenadiers, artillery and cavalry with Prince Eugen. Then also bavarian grenadiers and cavalry - for the other can other ones can be used french sets. Then prussians whose uniforms were quite different to the other armies.

I hate broken themes, to buy the new sets hopefully and than the production change its mind and no more new figures add the exisiting sets. So it was unfortunatly with the Napoleonic American theme, 4 sets and than the Napoleonic american regulars are missing till today. And we had already enough topics that many of us missing new sets with the enemies of antique Rome or the very missed Byzantines.
Believe me when i write I am a whole hearted supporter of "complete ranges".

That's why I write supporting additions to the SYW, bereft of cavalry & artillery & whole nations (eg Russians).

But that's not to say I altruistically support Strelets finishing the WSS first.

donald

I think it is great fun to collect these various new infantry sets. They are so good looking too.

However, I do desperately need more artillery!!!

Please more guns. The limbers are fun and all, but really just well crewed guns would be great. I would love to buy winter, summer like rolled up sleeves sweating in the sun, and full dress versions. Especially for French and Russians many variations would be useful. I think some diorama builders might love some "melee" poses to fight back against those cavalry riders.

Love your work can't wait to buy more toys!