Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Marching Mousquetaires

Hello, every body,

I think this is a good thing that the muskets have been stretched out a bit. it is also good that we see riffles. Only the rifles may have fixed "bayonnettes à douilles".

It's a great sculture, thanks a lot.

I too was interested to see what look like socket bayonets (baïonnettes à douilles) and these weapons looked as if they might have longer barrels; I hope I'm not merely succumbing to wishful thing.

Edwardian
I too was interested to see what look like socket bayonets (baïonnettes à douilles) and these weapons looked as if they might have longer barrels; I hope I'm not merely succumbing to wishful thing.
I hope too

I hope too... and been astonished that we should revceive again a horrible amount of NCOs. It´s horrible to receive with every box 8 NCOs. They are useless, sorry.

Please produce in future only one NCO-figure, 4 are enough for a box. There are already a big mountain of NCOs from the former sets. To be frank, the second pose was always boring too.

And the flag with its pole is again to small which reduces my joy to see a new set.
Only 3 marching poses which makes 12 figures per box are also not much for a marching set. 16 or still better 20 firing or marching ordinary soldiers in a set of this name should been possible.
I am really very sad to write these complaints. You create so wonderful figures for my dream period.

sansovino
I hope too... and been astonished that we should revceive again a horrible amount of NCOs. It´s horrible to receive with every box 8 NCOs. They are useless, sorry.
Please produce in future only one NCO-figure, 4 are enough for a box. There are already a big mountain of NCOs from the former sets. To be frank, the second pose was always boring too.
Well, you can add all the NCOs from your Grenadier sets to the pile as well, as you cannot use any of those as Grenadier sergeants ...

If only we had a sergeant on the command sprue and a drummer on each of the other sprues instead!

Re: Marching Musketeers

The poses are very good, although as noted they are not all 'marching', but all are very useful and useable.

As also noted, it is quite pointless having the second NCO in this set. Indeed, the NCO advancing his partizan looks very much like the NCO advancing his partizan in the first musketeers set! The standing (marching??) NCO pointing is fine, but let's also remember that we already have a good marching NCO pose in the original Fusiliers set. It does, however, occur to me that the NCO in question is this new set might serve as an artilleryman, and would make a useful gun captain with a long linstock - an easy conversion.

Regardless of the musket lock configuration, the barrels are again a bit on the short side. This is more obvious on the figures without fixed bayonets than the others. The advancing poses with fixed bayonets actually look OK; the added bayonet makes for a 'longer' weapon, even if this is actually a little below the proper size. With the bayonet attached the musket and bayonet should be as tall as the man. Minus the bayonet the musket should come up to around shoulder height if the butt is rested on the ground (assuming an average height adult male). I assume that the same musket former which was used in sculpting this set was as used in sculpting the previous one, but I stand to be corrected on this one.

The command figures are very good, and the small flag is easily replaceable with a longer pole and a correctly sized paper flag. The drummer is particularly good, and no-one would have complained if we had four drummers and only four NCO is this set! The command sprue could then usefully have had a second standard bearer.

Overall, a much better musketeer set than the first one, and some very nice poses indeed - so congratulations to the sculptor!.

I am only buying one of the previous musketeer firing line set (mainly for the command figures and to convert the musketeers to dismounted cavalry with carbines). I will probably end up buying at least 6 boxes of this new musketeer set however. I'll be adding long bayonets (or musket barrels with bayonets from the spares box) to the figures which currently are without bayonets, which should then have the effect of suitably elongating their firearm. En-masse these figures should look very good as French (or Bavarian) infantry of the WoSS.

Re: Marching Musketeers

Once again, thank you for such beautiful figures, Strelets: I can't wait to get my hands on them!

I use the NCOs as status markers, or convert them to officers or ensigns so I don't mind that the WoSS sets have a slight preponderance. HOWEVER, It's certainly an interesting proposition of having the drummer swap with one of the NCOs, so that you get four drummers and five NCOs in a box. Would that be possible? Extra drummers are always useful (to me, at any rate).

Cheers, Steve