Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Interest in Ancients & Medievals?

All of you have said what I would have asserted: the Byzantine Empire has been too much ignored, and we need more byzantine sets (and of course proud enemies). Talking about the Romans, I will never stop hoping for a set based on the end of the 2nd and 3rd centuries ad, which saw massive barbarian raids and famous leaders like Septimius Severus. And in conclusion, maybe some Spanish and Italian medieval soldiers would not hurt.

I wish everyone to have a nice day, hope you are all safe

Ale

So good!!! The great ages and adventures of Divus Aurelianus "restitutor orbis" and the queen Zenobia of Palmira...
Basileus Basilio II bulgaroctonos or the great Alejo Commeno...
Justiniano and the empire strikes back
The Roman Empire is an infinite source of inspiration, knowledge, military skills and endless adventures in all kind of landscapes...as we say in Spain:
Go to Rome and you can rest in peace

Hi Erik,

I see that siempre estamos de acuerdo 😁👍

Thank you guys for all of the responses! So it seems like Romano-Byzantine ideas are pretty dominant. I know Orion tried to do three sets of Byzantines, but they did not do well with shield poses in my opinion so plenty of room for improvement there. Some Late 1st Millennium AD Picts/Irish would be interesting too and would go really well with the Strelets 1066 line, as the 11th-12th Century AD Byzantines would. I am up for some Iberian and Italian Medievals as well; I have this image of a little Francesco I Sforza running around the apartment causing havoc.

My main Roman themed idea that has not already been mentioned is a set of 1st Century BC Gallic Auxiliaries in Roman service. They are mainly intended for Caesar's army and would show traditional Gallic clothing with some Roman style equipment types mixed in.

Have a happy holiday!

Picts, Irish and Your Gallic Auxiliaries would all be welcome.

I'm also looking forward to see what else Linear-A will give us in the Minoan set.

Yes,

there are sooo many topics untouched (as already mentioned), e.g.

Byzantines

Successors (but hopefully covered by Linear_A) (a lot of possible sets from all over the ancient world)

more bronze age

end of Assyrian empire (late Assyrians, Medes, neo-egyptian, Lydia etc.

Linear-A have recently updated their upcoming sets lists (normal and mini sets) - byzantines are on the way. Set #039 is Eastern Roman Empire 6th Century (so in "early period" of the byzantine empire) - Roman Infantry Set 1, and #011s Imperator Justinian & Imperatrix Theordora

Hurrah Byzantines and late Roman Empire are most welcome.

Very promising.