Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More Vietnam stuff from Redbox

I am very excited. Does anybody know if the early war arvn also wore French uniforms or similars? I would like to recreate Dien Bien Phu and I was thinking maybe I could use them

During this quarantine, I just finished painting up ESCI's US Infantry and Viet Cong/NVA sets so these new Vietnam War sets are coming right on time!

I hope that they will release separate NVA set next.

And more US infantry (in attack/defence, on jungle patrol) are needed.

Australia/New Zealand forces would be welcome too.

Alessandro, I've found sometimes reviewing documentaries, re-enactments or movies on YouTube are a good source of information for uniforms...

Okay thank you very much Baratheon, as you say I hope for anzac troops, french foreign legion and more americans

I am very happy to see these sets!!! I would also like to see French, Anzac and North Vietnamese! I think the Local Communist Set could work for Viet Minh, but it would be excellent to see some French paras for Dien Bien Phu.

First of all, thank you Haron, I've been dreaming about this for a long time! I really like the local force set, and will pick up at least one another box, and need at least two of each of the new sets.

If I remember correctly, four sets were promised last year. If it still stands, I really hope that the final one will be ANZACs, but the market could use a new set for the North Vietnamese regulars (or two). We have enough Americans for now, the old Esci set still holds up, and the Pegasus plastics are awesome. I think the late ARVN could also be used as Americans as well. Granted, new kits are always welcomed, especially by Orion, but for me they are after the ANZACs and new NVA fighters and main force VC to be honest.

Totally agree with the ANZAC and the French paras, I would love to see them produced, but don't forget some air cavalrymen for the famous battle in the Ia Drang valley :smile:

Hi,super news. Vietnam War is the war of our childhood. So it is a pity that there are so few sets re this war. Excellent to have South Vietnamese Army. Hopefully we also see Anzacz, South Koreans, Philippines & Taiwan. LAOS & Cambodia were also involved. Please make a set of Green Berets & US artillery. Hopefully French Para & French Foreign Legion are also considered to cover the Indo China war. I also encourage Strelets to consider making a couple of token sets re this war which is still in our hearts. Names like Denang, Saigon, Hanoi signify so much to us & bring back memories that we look forward to re-enact with our dioramas.

Haron any further plans for this range?

Haron thank you so much for these sets! they are a childhood dream come true. Can you give us a hint about whether you are planning any more sets in this range?

Apologies to Strelets for discussing another manufacturer (by the way I am planning my next WSS purchase as well!)

John

Re: Haron any further plans for this range?

No Aussies??????

Looking forward to the ranges of South Vietnamese figures. US Marines (Late War), US Army Special Forces, LRRP, Recon and SOG future sets will be cool....

South Vietnamese sets are very welcome and I hope that some more Viet Cong and
NVA sets are planned including NVA Heavy Weapons set. Thank you Haron for finally doing this conflict some justice in Braille plastic.