Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Napoleonic Bavarian infantry - a painting example

I'd like to see products some sets with troops advancing from other nations at war as seen these and the British: Russian 1812, Russian in greatcoat 1805, brunswicher and belgique and hollands...& french obviously...

And I’d like to see the products they use to keep their whites so white!!:laughing: :sunglasses:

A stirring picture indeed! The red plumes indicate grenadiers I think, and would not necessarily be worn on campaign. Interesting also to see the shade of blue which is somewhat darker on some of the figures than the generally-accepted shade of lighter blue for Bavarian uniforms; as dark in fact as Wurttemberg coats? Just goes to show that variation in colours as well as uniforms within the same unit might be more common than we might think, probably in fact the norm.

I recommend the well done documentary to Bavaria under Napoleon which gives also good informations to the bavarians uniforms, military structures and the russian campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4P0iqnEtzM

For all non-german speakers: The translation-subtitle-programm is quite good for english...

Great mr. Sansovino thank you, I will train my German waiting for the Strelets Bavarians to come out