Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hopefully, by the end of 2020

I am supposed to be working at home during the lockdown ... but can't help myself looking at the forum.

I'm a lawyer by trade, but a historian by passion - with a particular passion for the Great War. One of the things I really like about Strelets figures is that they can be mixed very well with metal minis (Early War Miniatures complement Strelets very well). Further, being plastic they can be readily converted.

One thing I would point out is that for some of the more exotic uniforms of some units of the French Army in 1914, a bit of lateral thinking and the use of a scalpel will get results. The Crimean and even Napoleonic ranges (particularly as far as cavalry) have figures that can be pressed into service with minimal conversion. There are a couple of manufacturers of Zouaves that with appropriate modification of the rifles at this scale, work well.

Also, some of the Turkish troops from the Russo-Turkish War range can also be used as WW1 Ottoman troops (thinking here particularly of the artillery - there is plenty of photographic evidence that the Turks used ordinance that was almost antiques in the Dardenelles and Palestine).