Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
What Happened to the War of 1812?

Dear Strelets,

Great to see all the new, original stuff but wish you hadn't abandoned the War of 1812 range you started :worried: Or the RCW-related conflicts 1917-1921 for that matter...

Re: What Happened to the War of 1812?

The Guard casualty pose made my jaw drop....honestly, but the hand on the blade, French nappy sword blades were sharp, unlike their Brit counterparts who used a nice metal scabbard almost designed to blunt the blade.

Re: What Happened to the War of 1812?

The Guard casualty pose is a Linear-A offering and indeed it is very nice.

Casualty figures are another thing asked for on the forum. Well done Strelets.

Good looking casualties but potential for non casualty figures too. The guy second from the left, just put the musket back in his hand and he is running and jumping over obstacles; I can see him coming over the top of an enemy defensive work or climbing the rubble of a breach; move his left arm a bit and he's climbing a fence. Awesome figure!

The guy on far right, a bit more work but he would make a good advancing figure and I'm not sure what's going on with the guy on left but he just needs a musket to make him a loader. I'm assuming here that the unbased figures are sculpted on the back rather than having a flat surface like some casualty figures.

For wargamers who don't use casualty markers, surely a standing casualty included on some of your stands would give some welcome variety.

Great figures, the only question is: do I need to start buying Bavarians so I can use them?

The figure third from the left is a very similar pose to a Portuguese artilleryman.