Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
"They will of no use in the desert" (c) Alan Buckingham

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: "They will of no use in the desert" (c) Alan Buckingham..how many LRDG figures makes a patrol?

Interesting figures, and well done to Strelets for continuing to provide us with a stream of great looking figures for interesting historical periods.

I'd buy a box of LRDG figures for the Western Desert if they were released. But I'd only need one box. One of the most famous desert actions of the LRDG, in September 1942 (Operation Caravan) was conducted by 47 troopers carried in a dozen Chevy trucks and handful of jeeps. And these guys were spread across a pretty big space as well....

So, how many LRDG figures does chap need? One box..two?

Re: "They will of no use in the desert" (c) Alan Buckingham

Cruel ......:joy: May I remind you that April 1st is a few days away......However they look very good and are of use in the desert, sadly a good few years earlier than ideal, but nice none the less. How many boxes does one need ? re LRDG well subject to pose selection, one or two, but that is probably true of most 20th century sets ever made for this hobby.

I totally agree with Alan. And I think that everyone in this hobby should buy one or 2 of these sets - if strelets ever produce them. So 30 different sets of German ww2 infantry equals to one set of LRDG/SAS set of British special forces in the desert. It is simple mathematics....

MARIOS KONTOGIANNIS
I totally agree with Alan. And I think that everyone in this hobby should buy one or 2 of these sets - if strelets ever produce them. So 30 different sets of German ww2 infantry equals to one set of LRDG/SAS set of British special forces in the desert. It is simple mathematics....
There are 156 sets for the thirdreichphiles quoted on PSR that have been available at sometime or other - yes some are repeats but the boxes are different!

Marois by your argument we should have 5 sets of LRDG. :grinning:

Could always have some Royal marines (could be 1812 era for the nappyphiles), SAS and SBS to make up numbers!

RCD
MARIOS KONTOGIANNIS
There are 156 sets for the thirdreichphiles quoted on PSR that have been available at sometime or other - yes some are repeats but the boxes are different!

Marois by your argument we should have 5 sets of LRDG. :grinning:

Could always have some Royal marines (could be 1812 era for the nappyphiles), SAS and SBS to make up numbers!
SBS in the desert? Well yes, for raids along the coast...and those canoes would be useful for lightning attacks surfing down dunes away from the coast....

OK, I'm persuaded. Two boxes for me please:grin:

Cruel?
It would have been cruel to announce 2 LRDG sets and point at the date of the announcement then:wink:

Best regards,

Strelets

For those in waiting

life isn't always about going somewhere, at times you just stand still:

Stay safe!
Best regards,

Strelets

Re: For those in waiting

Very nice sculpture, but as already mentioned before, when the shako is covert the pompon must be out. Please change it if it's still possible.

One french and 2 prussians? Or no, probably 3 napoleonic french!

Nice figures which make you want to see more of it!
Many thanks for your light sunbeams in this sad time....

They look superb. That eagle-bearer is something else.

While there are examples showing French convered shakos sans pompom, it's far more common to have them present, as Mr Schmitt mentions.

Better still, how about full dress? There is a deficit of this in this scale,

Not more Napoleonic French!

There is always room for more Napoleonic French of this quality.

I'm still using some of the old Esci figures & I will gladly "retire" them for figures of this quality & accuracy.

I am very pleased to see this Strelets' preview.

donald

Re: Not more Napoleonic French!

LOVE these guys. BTW: your WW2 US Anti-tank crew is superb. Love the Recoiless Rifle.

Very fancy and proud french soldiers.

Congrats to the sculptor but I do not know what is doing the soldier in the right with no instruments at all.

Take care,

Miquel

Miquel
Very fancy and proud french soldiers.

Congrats to the sculptor but I do not know what is doing the soldier in the right with no instruments at all.

Take care,

Miquel
He is the vocalist, of course! :laughing:

Re: Antidepressant Injection

You're doing a fantastic job of spreading joy in these dark times, Strelets.

All the best,
Andrew

More great figures please keep them coming please Mr strelets.:grinning:

Well , the best french line infantry guy known so far in 1/72...I want a complete army of guys like this I'll buy many many boxes...in action too please!!!
Well...the other two guys do not seem french to me..prussians???
Anyway congrats!!!!

"please keep them coming please Mr strelets."

As you may wish:

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: "please keep them coming please Mr strelets."

I suppose they cold be melted down in the microwave , allowed to cool and be painted as sand dune`s:smile:

Alan Buckingham
I suppose they cold be melted down in the microwave , allowed to cool and be painted as sand dune`s:smile:
BLASPHEMY!!! That's what the sprues are for... :innocent:

/What do you do with all those sprues??

Fantastic soldiers again Mr.Strelets!:heart_eyes:

The bavarian officer looks great!!

My heart skipped at the sight of the eagle bearer. Then my eyes cleared and saw he wasnt wearing a habit-veste. Such a crashing disappointment

Am a bit confused by the recoilless rifle - i don't know much about such things but aren't they mostly post-war? in which case wouldn't the set be better withe a WW2 ATG -say a 3" or something?
PS: glad to see those WSS French pikemen - anyone considering their appearance to be 'fantasy' in some way should refer to my previous post on the matter - enjoy!

Re: recoilless rifle

Yes, mostly - first use in Europe was by the 17th Airborne Division near Essen, Germany in March 1945, and in the Pacific on Okinawa. But lets us not forget Korea where they saw extensive use, and later in Vietnam by both sides.

Sprues ??? I normally shove them up my arse.

A bit drastic

Great work, always tempting

Beautiful Strelets, you are too kind to us.

WSS in advance

Dear Sirs,

as of today the French Grenadiers (set 235) are in battle available in Hannants.
The reserves are underway:

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: WSS in advance

Wonderful Strelets thank you so much

Gorgeous:stuck_out_tongue:
That drummers uniform wow!

Oh yes, that drummer is stunning - I hope the production version matches that.

If Strelets read these comments, I wonder if they are following the developments in Sio-Cast that Plastic Soldier Company are following (and, I believe, Battlefront). Appears to allow casting of plastic figures in silicone moulds, allowing for undercuts and presumably cheaper production costs.

Anyway, back to the WSS - command set and cavalry please

Are they available in Hannats? There it says they are future releases.

Positive.

Not yet available to order from Hannants, but hopefully not too long

Strelets, you are doing a fantastic job with this WSS range. The quality has been a real step up in standards and the rate of production has been super fast. I hope the sales for this WSS range have rewarded your work.

Now you've got the hang of these 18th C uniforms and styles of poses, imagine how well you would do if you released some Seven Years War sets...maybe some French and British to start? Tempted?!

Dear Richard,

we've barely touched the WSS theme so far. Before jumping into some other conflict we would have preferred to develop this one well enough, so that it could live life of its own. To do that we have to come up with cavalry and artillery for both sides of the conflict first. While British cavalry isn't a difficult subject, their French counterparts make thing much more complicated, for a simple reason - they can't be made generic. At the moment we are discussing the options we have to tackle this matter.

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear Richard,

we've barely touched the WSS theme so far. Before jumping into some other conflict we would have preferred to develop this one well enough, so that it could live life of its own. To do that we have to come up with cavalry and artillery for both sides of the conflict first. While British cavalry isn't a difficult subject, their French counterparts make thing much more complicated, for a simple reason - they can't be made generic. At the moment we are discussing the options we have to tackle this matter.

Best regards,

Strelets
While I would love to see Strelets develop a Seven Years War range (with French and British), I agree that Strelets should first concentrate on developing to WSS range into a reasonably comprehensive all arms offering.

French cavalry has been discussed here before by several people.

The best suggestions, IMHO, may be summarised as:

- A mixed box of royal household cavalry with 3-4 figures for 3-4 type

- "Light Cavalry" - standard heavy Horse

- Dragoons

I'd still love a second set of fusiliers, with TWO DRUMMERS!!!

"...Before jumping into some other conflict we would have preferred to develop this one well enough, so that it could live life of its own. To do that we have to come up with cavalry and artillery for both sides of the conflict first. While British cavalry isn't a difficult subject, their French counterparts make thing much more complicated, for a simple reason - they can't be made generic. At the moment we are discussing the options we have to tackle this matter."

Excellent news.

Hello everyone, I think Strelets is absolutely right. Too much dispersal of subjects would be inconsistent. The military history of the world is immensely vast. One to two boxes per period or clash would have been too much and at the same time too little. For the different cavalry, I think of the English Dragons and the French Musketeers. That is just an opinion.

Strelets
Dear Richard,

Best regards,

Strelets
Hello everyone, I think Strelets is absolutely right. Too much dispersal of subjects would be inconsistent. The military history of the world is immensely vast. One to two boxes per period or clash would have been too much and at the same time too little. For the different cavalry, I think of the English Dragons and the French Musketeers. That is just an opinion.

Strelets
Dear Richard,

Best regards,

Strelets
Dear Strelets thanks for your convincing response, please continue the WSS productions to further troops...

I hope still to see also quite soon austrians, infantry and cavalry made by Strelets which participated on far more WSS-campaigns than the british. Austrians would have also the advantage to be very attractive for all collectors who are interested in Prince Eugen´s further conflicts with the ottomans.

Strelets
Dear Richard,

Best regards,

Strelets
Thanks for the reply Strelets. I understand and appreciate your rationale. You are doing a great job with this WSS range, a conflict I had never previously had any knowledge of. In my opinion, the 'British infantry in advance' set is the best set you've produced across your entire catalogue and ranks up there with the best sets produced by Zvezda and Revell. One day in the future, once you've completed current projects, please do consider SYW range as I think you'd do a super job of it based on your current standards of output.

All the best

It's Friday but not all of them will make it to week-end

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: It's Friday but not all of them will make it to week-end

I love these - I know a lot of gamers don't like casualty poses but I for one think they're important. After all, a lot of good men get killed in battle. I think even if I was a gamer I'd use them as casualty markers.

nice sculpts and an interesting addition to the range, my only concern as a gamer is how many of these poses would be in a box, as someone who would be looking at buying 6 or more boxes. if there were 4 in a box fine but if there are 4 on every sprue then i am afraid it would be one box only that would get purchased

Great looking figures seems there are a lot of Bavarian troops coming our way i hope strelets will be releasing the same amount of Brunswick sets in the future.
Also what about producing Napoleonic FIRING LINES we have every other pose but not these the role of a soldier in battle is to shoot at each other.
These casualties could never happen on a strelets battlefield as nobody is able to shoot at each other.:upside_down_face:

Casualty poses, you beauty!

They are brilliant as markers, particularly for people like me who hate individual figures and/or those using sets of rules that do not involve removal of figures (all the rage at present, it would seem).

Ykreol did them really well, but their 'leaving the field' has left a glaring gap.

Odd as it may seem to anybody outside the hobby, Strelets are actually providing much needed joy with these pictures - many thanks for that!

Well done,casualty poses, I promise to buy this set for no other reason 10/10.

Alan Buckingham
More casualty poses for the nappy fans coming

quite excited about these Bavarians. any chance they could be released in the same light blue color used for set 186 French Legion/Rif War? seems you also used a similar color in sets 903 (thin red line) and 110 Turkish cavalry (Russo/Turkish War). you already have the color formula and it would set these fine sculpts off from the rest of the pack. thanks for your consideration.

OMG!
superbe!
CPN

Strelets, I love you

This has become one seemingly endless thread of joy!

Baratheon
Alan Buckingham
More casualty poses for the nappy fans coming

LA PIù BELLA POSA SIETE GRANDI.... SAREBBERO BELLISSIME POSE COSì ANCHE PER LE CAVALLERIE IMMAGINIAMOCI I CORAZZIERI O I LANCERI ALLE CARICHE DEI QUADRATI... BRAVISSIMI NE ACQUISTERò TANTI ASSICURATO.... GRAZIE STRELETS !!!

What Happened to the War of 1812?

Dear Strelets,

Great to see all the new, original stuff but wish you hadn't abandoned the War of 1812 range you started :worried: Or the RCW-related conflicts 1917-1921 for that matter...

Re: What Happened to the War of 1812?

The Guard casualty pose made my jaw drop....honestly, but the hand on the blade, French nappy sword blades were sharp, unlike their Brit counterparts who used a nice metal scabbard almost designed to blunt the blade.

Re: What Happened to the War of 1812?

The Guard casualty pose is a Linear-A offering and indeed it is very nice.

Casualty figures are another thing asked for on the forum. Well done Strelets.

Good looking casualties but potential for non casualty figures too. The guy second from the left, just put the musket back in his hand and he is running and jumping over obstacles; I can see him coming over the top of an enemy defensive work or climbing the rubble of a breach; move his left arm a bit and he's climbing a fence. Awesome figure!

The guy on far right, a bit more work but he would make a good advancing figure and I'm not sure what's going on with the guy on left but he just needs a musket to make him a loader. I'm assuming here that the unbased figures are sculpted on the back rather than having a flat surface like some casualty figures.

For wargamers who don't use casualty markers, surely a standing casualty included on some of your stands would give some welcome variety.

Great figures, the only question is: do I need to start buying Bavarians so I can use them?

The figure third from the left is a very similar pose to a Portuguese artilleryman.