Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Civilians and Prussian uhlans

Ye-her-hess! They are bloody rippers! Thank you Strelets.

So good to have that loooooong Napoleonic drought broken too.

Graham, it's a lovely touch, don't you think, the officer taking the wee bearn (his recently born son, perhaps?) to embrace him before heading off on campaign.

Doaty*

James Fisher
k, the officer taking the wee bearn (his recently born son, perhaps?) to embrace him before heading off on campaign.

"Bairn", you Sassenach*.

In Lallans, we also say, "Wee'un" and "Wain" (that's more Glaswegian term).

donald

* NB James is a pal & knows I'm joking.

Re: Doaty*

Paint dog
James Fisher
k, the officer taking the wee bearn (his recently born son, perhaps?) to embrace him before heading off on campaign.

"Bairn", you Sassenach*.

In Lallans, we also say, "Wee'un" and "Wain" (that's more Glaswegian term).

donald

* NB James is a pal & knows I'm joking.
No, I meant that he was *bearing* the child on his horse...

Bugger! When I typed it I did not think it looked right. Should have double-checked. These tight editorial deadlines you know...

It looks to me like the officer is reaching for a drink from the comely lass lifting the
pitcher. Nice set.

I thought the pitcher was a loaf, until I saw the box art and realised it was a baby. And I couldn't help noticing that the box art shows them wearing the czapska rather than the shako. Strange

Marvellous figures, and very refreshing to have cavalry at ease - equally useful on the table-top for showing a cavalry unit in reserve, or in a diorama scene.

I'm guessing that the other civilian figures that we have seen as masters will appear as part of the Prussian Dragoon and Prussian Hussar sets when these appear.

I guess it can't be helped, but it also looks as if a bit of lance-straightening will be required for some of these uhlans once they are off the sprue. Depending on how soft and bendy the lances are, I may replace mine with plastic broom bristles and home-made pennons.

The un-needed flag bearer will be an easy conversion job to something more historically-accurate.

Great job!

" So good to have that loooooong Napoleonic drought broken too. ":pray:

Thats right !!!

And i love this set !!! :heart_eyes:

May I add my kudos; a greatly welcome set and the civilians are just icing on the cake.

This set looks swell, but where are the horses?? Are we supposed to steal them from other Strelets sets?

They're stealth horses, can't you see them?

I thought the baby was a loaf of bread too. Fine figure either way and a very good looking set.

Graeme
They're stealth horses, can't you see them?

I thought the baby was a loaf of bread too. Fine figure either way and a very good looking set.
Well to be fair, I thought some of my new grand kids looked the same way too.......:laughing:

I think the civilians from the same era are definite improvement although I would still like to see some military figure from the same era such as a foot officer, Infantry (light or line) soldier, artillery soldier or a Militiaman.