Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austrian Uhlans 1809 onwards?

Hi folks

Other than Strelets producing a new set (no plans?), what would you suggest to use for them?

I don’t have really want to trim off epaulettes and aigulettes if poss, which rules out Polish Lancers like matgc (ever growing armies)* , even though these were excellent

Also avoiding metal, which rules out franznap and co, excellent though they are.

So...plan to use the Brunswick Uhlans, possibly adding a plume. Thoughts please?!

Thanks!
* http://myevergrowingarmies.blogspot.com/2015/12/austrian-uhlans.html .

Re: Austrian Uhlans 1809 onwards?

Hiya

Hat Brunswick lancers

Worth look at Strelets Russian Uhlan set?

Cheers

I have the Mars set. Their figures are not for everyone, appear a bit 'rough' in the raw plastic, but look great once painted. I really like the animated poses in this set too.
(I'd back John's two suggestions as well. The old Esci, still available from Italeri can be used as well)

When I first saw Franznap metal Austrian Uhlans I thought expensive as they are I would have to bite the bullet and buy them as the alternative were lacking, then I saw the beautiful paint job Matgc had done with the Zvevda Lifeguard Polish Uhlans and I am now planning to use these, I don't think they need any major surgery to produce a good result and have a good range of poses.

Has anyone tried mixing these two? they look as if they could work well together.

if you do not want to go down the metal route then the Brunswick lancers made by you know who, will do the trick, as the unit was originally raised in Austrian sevice their in the right uniform

Thanks all. I shall proceed with the Brunswick Uhlans!

Unfortunately, I may have to add plumes, but if that’s all, then not too bad. Now for what to do with those Brunswick Hussars 😁

JonL
Thanks all. I shall proceed with the Brunswick Uhlans!

Unfortunately, I may have to add plumes, but if that’s all, then not too bad. Now for what to do with those Brunswick Hussars 😁
Napoleonic Hussars pretty much wore the same style uniforms in all of the nations armies only head gear was sometimes different, so my suggestion would be remove Brunswick Hussars heads and replace with 1805 Russian Line Infantry heads thin or replace plumes and you have Austrian Hussars.

Thanks Brian. Nice suggestion! (sorry I didn't see this earlier).