Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stay Safe everyone.

Almost everyone in this hobby is forty, fifty or even sixty years old (me 54, Oh my God, they passed like a glimpse). We all hope this bad situation to pass away as soon as it can. And we are all united in this war, as we are united in this hobby too. All of us, let's stay safe and be well. Best wishes from Greece...

Hi Marios

lovely words and very true.

best wishes from Scotland

bfn
Allan

Stay in touch the guys on here erik, I hope you feel better soon. In Scotland we are watching everything that is happening in Europe and everywhere else and we are now getting very concerned. Thank god we have many clever doctors and nurses in the world that I am sure will get us all through this.

Its great that you are still able to paint a little it will definitely take our minds of what is going on.

what are you working on at the moment? I am into Napoleonics but I am the worst painter so its a rattle can for my figures if they are lucky.

speak to you soon and stay safe

bfn

Allan

Well some napoleonics...we will see
but I think that this is going to be very hard...thank you very much for your suport and I wish good luck to all the forum members...
As our president wisely said
...virus (or death) does not know anything about colours, nations or ideologies...this is a global war that we have to win working all togrther united!.....

I too am housebound for the next three months, the garden, garage and our hobby will help pass the time I hope, but concentrating is hard as I am sure many here will be experiencing, we are living in scary times, but we are living, so lets try not to waste time worrying ,and get painting . Maybe we can all send our photo`s to Strelets so we can all have more than Fridays next bloody set of Nappies to look foreword too :joy:

C'mon Alan,

you know you can never have too many Napoleonic sets. My stock check will probably take longer than my quarantine period and its all blooming Napoleonic's.

Perhaps Strelets might do a couple of LRDG sets i hear they are rarer than hens teeth

stay safe Alan and keep enjoying the hobby

bfn
Allan

Yes stay safe first but only three months locked up. What to do.
Stock check ???
Label and sort storage Loft/Attic, Storage room, garden shed, spare room????
Finish my WW2 Russian Army Maybe make it Three years Ha Ha

Dear Allan, stay safe and firm!

There are hard times and Corona changes actually all our lifes. 3 months of quarantine are hard, but it will been the best defence and give you indeed much time to paint, not the worst of all possibilities. Internet can´t replace physical contact, but you can stay still by word and visual with your beloved ones. And I am afraid that most of us will share soon your quarantine.

So best wishes and good health to all of us...

Re: Stay Safe everyone--a secondary effect of the virus

Allan from Glasgow
C'mon Alan,

you know you can never have too many Napoleonic sets. My stock check will probably take longer than my quarantine period and its all blooming Napoleonic's.

Perhaps Strelets might do a couple of LRDG sets i hear they are rarer than hens teeth

stay safe Alan and keep enjoying the hobby

bfn
Allan
Allan,

Do you think that this could be a secondary effect of *the* virus; irrationally thinking that there is no need for more Napoleonics, or that new Napoleonics are not the best thing to produce?

Actually, it seemed to pre-date this virus didn't it?

Maybe it is another virus, that is spread by the computer screen. it could enter via the retina, cross the blood-brain barrier and affect reasoning and logical functioning. People like you, Donald, me, Murat and others on this forum are sufficiently one-eyed that we are immune.

James

James Fisher
[ People like you, Donald, me, Murat and others on this forum are sufficiently one-eyed that we are immune.

James

For quite a few years I only focussed on Napoleonics. I have since branched out to several other periods but Napoleonics is still the 'Queen of Wargaming Periods' for me.

But little plastic figures really don't matter at all when the health of the members of this forum (& the world at large) are in question. Keep safe, everyone.

donald

Hi james,

Thats was really funny i thought I was reading an e-mail from my Neurologist till I realised I was not in my e-mail account.

I have been told more than once that I need do see a doctor about my Napoleonic collecting as to others i am borderline OCD about all my shiny new unopened boxes. I just say its my pension fund as my other pension is well stuffed with all the shocks we have had in the last 25 years.

At least we can all still have a laugh about our hobby and just remember Napoleonics are great sellers and we all love shiny new boxes.

stay safe James

bfn
Allan

Dear friends here in Lombardy it is a tragic moment... But we hope to get out of it ... almost everyone is in their own house, I have to go to work because we produce detergents, a primary asset then. I wish everyone to come out unscathed and do nice painting jobs or battles with our little plastic friends... but also to have a good time with your family. Un grande abbraccio dall'Italia. Marco.

Hi Marco,

I hope you are staying safe people like yourself and all our front line services are doing a great job. Our elected leaders seem to be treating this like a wartime setting which I think is totally correct. We must all do our bit by following the guidelines. Our Doctors, Nurses and people like you are now in the lead and we are all very grateful.

I have been to Rome many years ago and you have a beautiful country with lovely people. I am sure your country will get through this as your culture of family is still very important and that is wonderful in today's society.

Stay safe

bfn

Allan

Thank you so much, Allan...never like this time i'm proud to be italian... good luck to you too. # andra` tutto bene.

Good luck to you and your family Marco, keep safe.

Hi all, many thanks for the thoughts and sending them back to you all.

It's difficult isn't it, when you look down the list of reasons why it might be bad for you, and you realise that they might have written it by looking at your own medical records? :face_with_thermometer:

Still this is what we modellers and painters have been traing for for years. shut the world out, clean water in the pot and dive into the stash.

WE CAN DO THIS GUYS!

Actually I think the biggest danger to life in our house is me and my wife being locked in together for a couple of weeks.

Stay safe peeps and don't forget to keep hydrated, drink lots of fluids but remember - NOT THE WATER YOU WASH YOUR BRUSHES IN!!!

Hello all,

the nurses and doctors are now the real soldiers. Fighting a fight that they cant win in many cases. Stay healthy....and use the time...

All this from an little bat-virus... :skull:

https://www.who.int/publications-detail/report-of-the-who-china-joint-mission-on-coronavirus-disease-2019-(covid-19)

Thank you so much, Alan...good luck to you too ...

I wish all of us friends here including our gracious host Strelets a safe journey thru this and that this can be brought swiftly under control. - GC

My same feeling...

Hi

Good to hear from you all

And we can but hope to re emerge in better times

Hunker down if you can and stay safe

I'm still working but if sent home, the plastic mountain awaits

Cheers

Dear hobby companions, I live in Brazil. We are quarantined from today, which I think is too late. The authorities were not believing in the seriousness of the disease. The middle class, to which I belong, has material conditions to remain in social isolation. However, I am very concerned about the 100 million poor, who receive an average of $ 200 to $ 300 a month. They will continue to use public transport, which is always full, as they will have to continue working to survive. There will be a tragedy here in the country, as the public service is very precarious. I feel guilty, because I will be safe in my house, enjoying with my dear miniatures, painting and assembling kits, playing wargames on table trays, but my countrymen will not be so lucky. A hug of solidarity to all, because I know that this pandemic is universal, with thousands of deaths.

Thoughtful post Paulo and very sobering, I was going to say something flippant about toy soldiers but I don't have the heart for it now. I hope that one of the things that comes out of this is that we genuinely learn that "no man is an island" "ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee". We are one species and we need to love and care for one another whatever our race colour, nationality or creed because competition and conflict is a game with no winners.

Very well said Mr. Korn.

Marco Zappa
Dear friends here in Lombardy it is a tragic moment... But we hope to get out of it ... almost everyone is in their own house, I have to go to work because we produce detergents, a primary asset then. I wish everyone to come out unscathed and do nice painting jobs or battles with our little plastic friends... but also to have a good time with your family. Un grande abbraccio dall'Italia. Marco.
dear marco, you are one of those many heroes that keep doing their work in these difficult times. i'm just a lawyer from reggio emilia, i can mostly do my work safely from home, tribunals are closed, save for some extraordinary and urgent matters, every hearing is postponed.
for the most it's perfect time for painting, rearrange and reorganize collections.
all my respect and appreciation goes to you and your factory colleagues.
stay safe in your workplace, we need you!