Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Fusiliers (Early War) PSR review

I tend to come here infrequently, and then answer all topics of interest at once. Sorry if that over faces some, but just think of all those pleasant days of respite when you do not hear from me at all!

I think you have misunderstood me concerning the naming of the sets. What the naming of the sets suggests is that Strelets are a bit wobbly on their history here. It's not an issue affecting the content of the sets; set 236 is a superb set, with really very minor inaccuracies, and so, it doesn't really matter what it's called, it's a very good set for WSS French infantry. And quite beautifully done.

Overall, I would be resistant to the idea that I am being negative, I've praised, very highly, both the introduction of this range and 3 out of the 4 sets so far released. I've bought a good deal of these sets already, and anticipate continuing to invest very heavily in this range. On the other hand Strelets, IMHO, are a little bit out of their depth with a slippery subject and seem to need to be a little more thorough and cautious; this period is less certain and it's easier to get things wrong. That said, most of what I've see in their WSS range is first rate. Have I not heaped sufficient praise where it is due?