Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Future civilians: Zulu Wars & Boer War

They'd work for the Boxer Rebellion as well....or other Colonial campaigns where you have groups of civilians to protect or rescue.

Re: Future civilians: Zulu Wars & Boer War

I don't think I'm dictating Paint Dog, I'm just trying to find out where they going with this. Obviously, they will issue them in whatever way they think best but my preference would be for civilians that matched the era of the set. My main interest is dark age, medieval and early twentieth century so if I buy a box of WW2 Soviets, a couple of 18th century dandies doesn't do me any favours whereas a couple of Russian peasants would be spot on.

Re: Future civilians: Surely something for the Eighteenth Century?

The dress of simple country folk did not change much. Some WSS civilians could no doubt find broader appeal.

This was an age of civilian contractors providing haulage and 'train', as well as sutlers and camp followers, passing peasantry etc. A rich field for Strelets to explore?

Perhaps some farm or supply waggons and horses?

Re: Future civilians: Surely something for the Eighteenth Century?

All some great ideas and a gap in the hobby. I like the ideas of civilians- from cheering passing troops, cowering in the heat of battle, refugees, and of course camp followers and wagoneers, etc. It would be great.