Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nearly there!

Yes, grenadiers. However, first, most grenadiers appear to have worn not caps but hats as the fusiliers. Second, Villars ordered the attack at Denain but, so far, I couldn't find any evidence that he participated personnally in it. Yes, some anecdotes suggest that he was a very courageous man but what was his role on that specific occasion? Any reliable, first hand accounts would be welcome.

i love how this line is shaping up,im all in.

Very interesting! Have a good weekend.

French attacking? Then "Dernière poussée, messieurs, et nous y sommes!"

Sounds good !!

Wow Strelets, thank you!!!

Not looking, no use in the desert at all !

My sentiments exactly, Alan. And where are the camels?

Simply great!

Wonderful to see new french troops .... like to see still more of them!

And I don´t think that de Villars attacked by foot!

Little known historical anecdotes

sansovino

And I don´t think that de Villars attacked by foot!

You, sir, have forgotten the famous incident, where after growing an unfortunate moustache, de Villars' facial hair spooked his horse, which threw him. Thus charging on foot was his only option.

Re: Little known historical anecdotes

A war correspondent was there with his polaroid too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Louis_Hector_de_Villars#/media/File:Villars_a_Denain1.jpg

Wow, just what I need, but also the mounted dragoons as well.

James Fisher
A war correspondent was there with his polaroid too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Louis_Hector_de_Villars#/media/File:Villars_a_Denain1.jpg
Excellent photo: colour too!
What worries me is that I can't see that beserker-chap with the big-blade. Could he be sneaking up from behind? That would be foul play; Clearly not British

http://lasabretache.fr/fonds-boisselier-6/

check this out for great uniform plates
cheers Old John

Dear Sansovino,

you recon it was more like that?

Not very convenient to climb on bastions, we guess:relaxed:
Best regards,

Strelets

absolutely brilliant, we need more like this, keep up your excellent work
cheers Old John

WOW! Stretlets, your work just keeps getting better and better. You are creating small pieces of art, and filling an historical period that has been largely neglected. I am so impressed with the quality of your production. Many thanks, and keep it up!

Oh dear, all these great wss sets coming out, is more negative for my wallet than the economic crisis caused by the corona virus. At least any quarantine will be a pleasure with all new figures :D Keep up the good work strelets!

Still of no use in the desert .......

Poor Alan 😂😂

Strelets
Dear Sansovino,

you recon it was more like that?

Not very convenient to climb on bastions, we guess:relaxed:
Best regards,

Strelets
Strelets, thanks a lot for this lovely figure ...

Yes, he is a french general/marechal absolutly according to my dreams..... beautiful sculpted and impressive... an eye-catcher in every kind of diorama or war game-table. There are enough other soldiers who may climb...

Hope to see Prince Eugen and the austrians also in near future... my dreams never end, but some become really reality thanks you...

Austrians!!!! yes hopefully when Austrian cavalry produced there will be mounted musicians in their distinctive headgear,think no-one else have ever done anything like them
again keep up with your EXCELLENT work
cheers Old John

These look more likely to be Grenadiers than Dragoons, as a couple of members have already pointed out.

As such, frankly I would have preferred them with tricorns. Master Kunz has made the point that that would have been an appropriate choice.

Still, we will strive to make of these sets what we can. It looks lie more excellent sets are on the way and that momentum is being maintained.

A mounted commander is a particularly welcome addition.

While I do think Strelets still needs to get a better grip on the period, there is undoubtedly much to get excited about and to look forward to.