Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Civilian Bonus figures and Naval figures

For many years I have asked 1/72nd Figure Manufacturers to produce some period Naval Personnel.

I appreciate that they would be of very limited use for War-Gamers, but with some manufacturers making Command sets I believe there has always been a niche to incorporate a few Naval Officers.

Strelets have covered the topic with some for their Crimean sets, and another company has made Napoleonic crew and Royal Marines, and yet another has produced a WW2 German Crew.

And Romans, Vikings, and other Ancients have been covered. What I would like to see is a range of officers, (non-commissioned and commissioned.)
Especially: 1.Napoleonic,
2. Colonial
3.World War One

Once Strelets have produced a good range of Civilians perhaps they might produce the occasional Naval Officer in Dress or Working uniform. Perhaps even Celebrities:

1. Nelson, Hardy.
2. Japanese Officer.
3. Von Spee, Tirpitz

With Strelets present sculptors producing such splendid standing figures e.g., Highlanders at Ease, I think that Naval Officers and crew would complement the line-ups. especially for the three Eras that I have listed

Ideally, I would like to see full sets of Naval Personnel but I'd be very happy with a couple of bonus Naval figures with the particular period sets.

Re: Civilian Bonus figures and Naval figures

Murat
For many years I have asked 1/72nd Figure Manufacturers to produce some period Naval Personnel.

I appreciate that they would be of very limited use for War-Gamers, but with some manufacturers making Command sets I believe there has always been a niche to incorporate a few Naval Officers.

Strelets have covered the topic with some for their Crimean sets, and another company has made Napoleonic crew and Royal Marines, and yet another has produced a WW2 German Crew.

And Romans, Vikings, and other Ancients have been covered. What I would like to see is a range of officers, (non-commissioned and commissioned.)
Especially: 1.Napoleonic,
2. Colonial
3.World War One

Once Strelets have produced a good range of Civilians perhaps they might produce the occasional Naval Officer in Dress or Working uniform. Perhaps even Celebrities:

1. Nelson, Hardy.
2. Japanese Officer.
3. Von Spee, Tirpitz

With Strelets present sculptors producing such splendid standing figures e.g., Highlanders at Ease, I think that Naval Officers and crew would complement the line-ups. especially for the three Eras that I have listed

Ideally, I would like to see full sets of Naval Personnel but I'd be very happy with a couple of bonus Naval figures with the particular period sets.
Yes all good suggestions I like the idea of"celebrities" could be taken from paintings or photos so many famous figures of all eras in casual or dramatic poses that would just enhance a game or diorama?

And please strelets continue with the era civilians a great freeby!!!!.......and hopefully whole era complementary civilian packs .

Royal Naval Divisions were very active in land combat during the Boer War and WWI so sets for these would be most welcome.

royal naval division or royal marines 1914 would be great or boar or zulu wars with straw hat would make some people happy

And don't forget to mention the US navy/Pearl Harbor set M112 from strelets, and also japanese IJN pilots and ground crew (72053) from Red Box.

we can also find very good 3D figures :

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=1-72+USN+Bofors+Crew+

there's customers for this !

There's plenty of use for navy set of any period up to trafalgar because you can play 1/72 wargames with ships up to around 1 meter long, pirates ships are even smaller, very few can make a WWII 1/72 aircraft carrier or battleship, and I'm among them :

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/adm-s-work-in-progress-t34448.html

but there's plenty of landing ship and smaller boats available in 1/72 scale models, including naval installation on the ground or fortifications.

Any Navy set covering romans, pirates, Napoleonics and WWII will be on my buying list for sure.

for the sound :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeUGGyNA6B8

:smile:

We definitely need a figure for Nelson. How can we have reached the 21st Century without a 1/72 plastic figure of "Our Nel.", that's just not right. :relaxed:

Napoleonic Royal Navy officers are needed; on the quarterdeck, sitting in the stern sheets of boats and leading landing parties (perfectly usable for wargames I would think). A Royal Navy cutter or pinnace with oarsmen would also be great. Then you can start on the other Nation's Navies.

Naval Division figures for WWI would be welcome, a good bonus figure for this period might be Midshipman Prince Bertie in A-turret of H.M.S. Collingwood.

I don't currently have any WWII figures but WWII R.N. figures might tempt me. My personal choices for WWII personalities would be Admiral A.B. Cunningham and Lt Cmdr. Hussey.