Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friday Post

For those of you, who are sick and tired of Napoleonics:

Nice week-end!

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: Friday Post

Excellent! Now that is something I've been waiting to see! US Arty crew, WWII. Thanks Strelets!

Awesome! US Hvy Weapons? About time somebody did this! Thanks!

...or may be anti-tank team with anti-tank guns. So, are we close enough to some British special forces ?? Anyway, seems to be superb sculpting!!!

Hello, still beautiful news .... if I can propose to make the howitzer 105 maybe with two crews one winter (ardenne) and one summer (South Italy - Pacific). This is missing in the market. A cannon model to get 2 boxes. With friend, Marco.

Oh yes, let's go America:grinning:

Maybe a mortar team of US Marines ??

We will see...

But not my period... :cry:

It'll be the advertised future-release US anti-tank squad.

Indeed, most probably they are part of the announced US Anti-Tank Squad.
Two good poses here: lively & convincingly in action. Thats what any late industrial & all modern warfare "combat" sets should look like. Grunts taking cover, some crouching & kneeling, observing & quickly moving/firing... .

Wondering what kind of shell the second figure is holding. Doesn't look like a bazooka rocket to me, more like a conventional artillery shell.
Are we expecting another Strelets artillery piece? :smiley:
Imho the shell looks too large for the 37mm M3 AT-gun, so it leaves us with the 57mm M1 and 3-inch M5 AT-guns.
Coincidentally ACE recently announced the 57mm M1 within their 2020 catalogue and they already offer early & late versions of the 3-inch M5. :smile: :+1:

Thanks for sharing, another set I'm looking forward to. :+1:

PeterTheGreat
Indeed, most probably they are part of the announced US Anti-Tank Squad.
Two good poses here: lively & convincingly in action. Thats what any late industrial & all modern warfare "combat" sets should look like. Grunts taking cover, some crouching & kneeling, observing & quickly moving/firing... .

Wondering what kind of shell the second figure is holding. Doesn't look like a bazooka rocket to me, more like a conventional artillery shell.
Are we expecting another Strelets artillery piece? :smiley:
Imho the shell looks too large for the 37mm M3 AT-gun, so it leaves us with the 57mm M1 and 3-inch M5 AT-guns.
Coincidentally ACE recently announced the 57mm M1 within their 2020 catalogue and they already offer early & late versions of the 3-inch M5. :smile: :+1:

Thanks for sharing, another set I'm looking forward to. :+1:
Great to see a Western Allied AT for a change. Just a thought if the 57mm AT was chosen it would be possible to produce a British as well as American version as the 57mm is basically the British 6pdr. Yes there would have to be 2 barrels on the spruce but that is no big deal. 2 sets from one artillery spruce - financially a good idea. Ideally it needs to be desert /Burma/italian /
commonwealth gunners as PSC have a European version.

..... however the 17pdr is still being ignored by manufacturers in 1/72 -

Gerd
Maybe a mortar team of US Marines ??

We will see...

But not my period... :cry:
They are not Marines - no helmet covers, bloused paints in what looks like twin buckle combat boots on the first figure and the M3a1 smg - a very rare weapon in the PTO. They must be the from the US antitank set, and VERY nicely done indeed.

I like the RTO (having been one myself way back), but wish he had been given a rifle instead of the smg which was really a tanker's weapon and the curse of 1/72 plastic figures ;) Conversely the cannoneer has been given a rifle when he really should have a carbine, but considering the dearth of riflemen in US Army WW2 sets across the board, I am not going to complain there!

Not a recognisable disease.

Strelets
For those of you, who are sick and tired of Napoleonics:

Nice week-end!

Best regards,

Strelets

Whilst not denigrating the artistry or the potential use of such figures, I don't think it is actually possible to get "sick & tired of Napoleonics". Only my opinion, of course.

Re: Not a recognisable disease.

How did I miss these guys ???? they look great, right period too.