Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Great Northern War figures

John the Red
Hi

I d support the suggestion fora Swedish set and Russian set for the GNW to supplement the excellent new WSS range. Our club are using the new sets to model a range of participants in the WSS includingthose who also fought in the GNW eg Denmark, Prussia, Hanover and Saxony.

A Swedish Ga Pa set (along lines of the British Attacking set) would be grand with plenty of pikemen and Karplus wearers.

Cavalry for the WSS should be the first priority though, Horse and Dragons with the \'stocking cap\'. Then maybe some bearskin cap Grenadiers?

Since I m here, I do think their is a place for the French match lock set, if they are properly sized. A number of units did still have them at the start of the conflict. They would be a better match to Early War infantry. Some floppy hats in the set might also work better. Would then also allow earlier Sun King wars and bringing in those pikemen figures. Keep up the good work
A Swedish Ga Pa set along the lines of the British Infantry in Attack, and perhaps using some of the same poses, would be exceptionally good. And of course, if such a set was produced then we'd need a Russian Infantry in Defence (Firing Line) set as well!