Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Great Northern War figures

James Fisher, are you the owner or a major shareholder of Strelets, or just an ordinary well paid shill?

Who do you think you are that you feel licensed to muzzle everybody whose speech you don't like? Did you ever hear of freedom of speech? Did you ever hear of diversity of opinions? What's wrong about questioning John the Red's remark on the proper size of the "French match lock set" when it's already cristal clear that the matchlocks of this set are NOT properly sized? Do you really think your arrogant and antidemocratic ways to gag other people's opinion is less rude than the language others use to adequately comment on Strelets's lousy research and snobbish disregard of well founded and justified criticism - which was only well-meant and uttered early enough to correct mistakes. "Customer is king". Do you remember? And not all customers are prepared and servile enough to accept and pay for every crap again and again. Strelets should finally understand this, or they will go belly-up soon. It's easy to be "the best" when all competent and skilled competitors have quit business. That's when the ignorant slags become king.

Have a nice day.

Gosh, what a childish display.

I merely called you out on unnecessary rudeness and got both barrels.

Please re-read what I wrote (and indeed Mr John). I did not deny your right to have your own *opinionated* views, but asked that you respect and be respectful of others.

Can you do that Mr Opinion?

"but asked that you respect and be respectful of others"

I ask you for the same.

Can you do this, Mr Phisher?

No you did not, you went straight to the attack, just as you did when you called yourself Opinion. We have respectful discourse on this forum. You tried to bring your abusive, opinionated approach previously and it was not appreciated. Change ya ways of rack off again and troll some other forum.

Mimicry is the highest form of praise. At least you can get something right.

Nice try but discrediting will not invalidate arguments.

BTW, I had been addressing John the Red, not you. So why should you have answered for him? Do you think he's not man enough to speak for himself? Or is this just another case of mimicry? Whatever, ...

Cheers, you have seen the light then.

John the Red
Hi

I d support the suggestion fora Swedish set and Russian set for the GNW to supplement the excellent new WSS range. Our club are using the new sets to model a range of participants in the WSS includingthose who also fought in the GNW eg Denmark, Prussia, Hanover and Saxony.

A Swedish Ga Pa set (along lines of the British Attacking set) would be grand with plenty of pikemen and Karplus wearers.

Cavalry for the WSS should be the first priority though, Horse and Dragons with the \'stocking cap\'. Then maybe some bearskin cap Grenadiers?

Since I m here, I do think their is a place for the French match lock set, if they are properly sized. A number of units did still have them at the start of the conflict. They would be a better match to Early War infantry. Some floppy hats in the set might also work better. Would then also allow earlier Sun King wars and bringing in those pikemen figures. Keep up the good work
A Swedish Ga Pa set along the lines of the British Infantry in Attack, and perhaps using some of the same poses, would be exceptionally good. And of course, if such a set was produced then we'd need a Russian Infantry in Defence (Firing Line) set as well!