Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prussian Hussar Flag-bearer

Murat
Very good sculpts. I love the idea of adding civilians to the sets.

The idea of having cavalry at ease is wonderful for those of us who like dioramas and, of course these cavalry sets will compliment all the 'Standing' Infantry sets.

I would have preferred to see the Dragoons in the same long coats as the Uhlans. Maybe I can convert the Linear-A Prussian Landwehr Cavalry when they arrive.

As for the much lamented Flag bearer; I shall convert him into a proud man presenting a captured standard.
I guess the only problem with having the flag-carrier as the bearer of a trophy is...which army has the trophy been taken from? The flag looks quite large, and there is no eagle on top of the pole. It might, perhaps, be a French battalion flag, but it seems too large. Surely a late Napoleonic Prussian Hussar would not have 'stolen' the flag from one of his Russian, Austrian or British allies??

I like and need this Hussars...

The flag....no problem....i have some sharp knifes...:wink:

Yes, while the standard is a baffling inclusion, it's generally only mistakes I cannot work round that bother me!

This looks like being a superb and very useful set. Looks like taking over from the HaT set. Might be equally useful for conversion to Waterloo Brunswick Hussars?

As I say, I love the civilians too.

Good move.

Will buy.