Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French WSS Range: Thoughts on Infantry (1690-1715) and other sets

Hi,

Cavalrywise, I would like the more unique types of horse to be covered, and some of these are to be found in the Imperial Austrian army:

-Austrian/Bavarian cuirassiers (a kind of mandatory one)

-Hungarian hussars in Austrian service,

Then, among the others, probably 3 or 4 sets would see it done:

-Maison du Roi cavalry (may do with 3 or 4 figures of each unit)

-a British Dragoons set (just in name, generic enough to cover whatever)

-French Dragoons mounted AND dismounted, wearing distinctive headgear. 1 of each?

So, that's a total of 5 or 6.

One thing I would love to find in future cavalry sets is some smart-looking kettledrummers! There are not many around, you know, and they quite add to the visual appeal of the era.

Best,

Nicolás

I really like the idea of a single French Maison du Roi cavalry set, with 3-4 figures from different units:

- Gendarmes
- Chevau-Legers
- Musketeers
- Grenadiers

Could we then, please, have sets of:

- "Light" Cavalry - standard French "Horse"
- Dragoons
- Artillery

I wonder in what volumes people buy figures for such ranges, and I have no idea whether my consumption is above or below average? So far, I have invested in 30 boxes across the range of 4 WSS infantry sets, which, I feel, represents sufficient investment in the range so far as to justify commenting on what else it might usefully contain!

Dear Edwardian, I'm very interested in your plans when creating such a large-scale project of VSS in 1/72? Are you suggesting creating a diorama or popularizing this conflict in wargame? Is it possible to get acquainted with your works?

You are very kind, Valentin, thank you.

I tend to paint up wargames units (to a rather generous 1:20 figure ratio, because that gives units a meaningfully sized appearance to my eyes), but have never wargamed!

Sad, I know.

I would be happy to post pictures as and when I have them, probably on Benno's, and let you know!

Ok. Thank you. https://vvevit.blogspot.com/