Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What kind of work table do you use for your Hobby?

I use a drafting table for my hobby bench / work table. It has a steel frame, glass top 40 x 24 inches, and stool with foot rests, or I'll roll over my desk's office chair for comfort during all day projects. It has a glass top so paint and glue can be scraped off with a nylon scraper. I use old file folders to paint and cut on then throw away after each project.

I enjoyed architectural drafting in my school days (before computers) and then I used to do actual hand drafting of maps before CAD. So pretty much for light work such as this hobby, I'm most comfortable at a drafting table.

Another benefit, drafting tables today are inexpensive. I paid less than $100 for the set brand new delivered to my door. Plus it is light yet stable. I store supplies in Sterilite plastic drawers on either side, which are inexpensive also with more smaller plastic storage cases inside. Best of all, it's all modular and easy to move anywhere in my house when I want to rearrange our furnishings.

Below is a link to ebay for someone selling different styles. I'd be happy with anyone one of these styles. Also, no one should pay more than $85 - $110 for a set. These same sets are sold by multiple sellers and some of them are ridiculously high, so spend plenty of time shopping online for whatever kind of workstation you want - drafting table, architect table, office desk, 5-8 foot folding table, dining table ... they will all work depending on your needs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drafting-Table-Station-Glass-Top-Drawing-Desk-Craft-Station-Artist-Multi-Type/192449489677?var=492463162751

Bon chance - GC

My recommendations:

1. Self healing cutting mat

2. Technical lamp (preferably two) for which I recommend LED bulbs (somewhere from 13W to 15W and from 4200K to 6000K)

3. An MDF paint rack or a nail polish rack (you can also make your own, for example: https://youtu.be/VdlcgcNVrkE)

Think about your own comfort,posture etc.

DumpsJournal Practice Test for Exams outfit you with various advantages You get to know the authentic test circumstance through these innovatively coordinated tests. Practicing what you will glance in the authentic test, manufactures your conviction. DumpsJournal ExamQuestions. Tests help you know how you should address a request, what models you should add to help your answer.