Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Week-end is approaching

I think these are lovely looking figures, the only thing I am wondering about is the size of the standard. It looks a bit large for a cavalry standard, but as I know very little about German cavalry standards ...

What is not to like ?........no use in the desert that`s what ! but they look like very good sets and agree with the comments on sculpting.

Beautiful Brunswick hussars!

Steve, the size of the standard/guidon is a moot point as they did not carry one. That figure will need to be put to another use, if it remains.

...really amazing sculpting but what about some ww2 (or even ww1) stuff???
Next time maybe...

James Fisher

Steve, the size of the standard/guidon is a moot point as they did not carry one. That figure will need to be put to another use, if it remains.
These are more likely Prussian Hussars. but you are right the flag is superfluous

Murat
James Fisher

These are more likely Prussian Hussars. but you are right the flag is superfluous
True, the 'death head' (1st life hussars), of course. I did not pay attention to the lack of plume (amazingly?!).

Hopefully that lovely standard-bearer can be adapted/recycled to another unit/type of hussar--Austrians perhaps (although only 800 x 800 mm^2 and may not have been taken into the field, though that latter point would not stop me including one).

James Fisher

Which is a shame as it's a really nice figure, beautifuly posed, and very natural looking.

Perhaps the mounted flag bearer could be used as part of a headquarters section.

Pedro
Perhaps the mounted flag bearer could be used as part of a headquarters section.
Could be a captured French flag as IIRC these were quite small.....

Excellent sculpts and I love the refreshing new trumpeter pose

I love Strelets new sculpting style, the detail is fantastic, but it is thrown away with basic errors like a flag in a Prussian/Brunswick hussar unit and three flags per set of Brunswick Life Infantry, when none were carried.

Beautiful figures indeed !
It is an original subject very well created by Strelets. One more !
The civilians are top !
If only Strelets could do the same cavalry poses but with the French Chasseurs à cheval de la Garde !
That my friends would be so great !
Or with a French Hussars regiment ?

Regards.

Patrice from Paris, (but currently writing from Libanon)