Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nearly Week-End

Thanks Strelets. I particularly like the Prussians getting into some pot-valiance.

Have a word with the sculptor, the grenade is way to big and for the wrong era....apart from that very good.

Exciting pictures! What a great way to start a weekend. I am looking forward to these sets.

Civilians look great, and very useful.

I'll also buy the Prussian cavalry when they appear in the shops

Nice one Alan, on 'message' and unprompted this time. It did not go unnoticed and brought a broad smile!

Prussian cavalry and more civilian fugures - every Friday gets better!

Hi Mr. Strelets
I Wish you and your Team a Good Year 2020.
The New Figure Masters are very Nice. I will buy Thema all.
I am a Collector of your Figures (I have all there of you).
I Hope you will make Roman Late Antique Figures.

Greetings
Michael

Masters are goods...but I prefer figures that fighting or on moviment...

Marco Zappa
Masters are goods...but I prefer figures that fighting or on moviment...
Yes I agree we need to have Dragoons with sword in hand as well, they do not have to be slashing cutting in exaggerated fashion but do need to look like they are ready to fight on the battlefield.

Wargammers buy large amounts of figures to build regiments of cavalry and you can not make up regiment of cavalry who are drinking schnaps and eating sausages, so it's nice to see a few different figures such as these but do remember that this is a fighting force after all.

Having said all that these are very nice figures.

I am not convinced wargamers are buying so many these days, how big are your tables ??. There has been a steady shift within our hobby over the last decade or so, Strelets seem to be the last plastics churning out sets regularly, all the others are dormant or semi dormant as far as new sets are concerned. The quality metal and resin guys who do quality over quantity seem to be going from strength to strength,some of the figures in fact most are stunning, and that in part is about material, but also about changing technology 3d and 3d printers, CAD etc. If Wargamers were the bulk market they think they are there would be more injection moulded plastic manufacturers churning out new sets. Buying behavior I suspect has changed, mine certainly has , these figures the cavalry and civilians are a breath of fresh air and appeal to the small diorama builder rather than the guys with the big battalions on wargames tables , many of whom cannot have any room left on those tables to maneuver.

Hi Alan.

My last order a few weeks ago was for all of the new Napoleonic sets that strelets released (118 Boxes), So I for one still like to buy lots of sets as I like to complete my units when they get released due to missing out on some sets before. I also just love large units and all of the same pose. My French divisions are 12 Battalions strong with 36 man battalions.

I agree about the storage problem many of my sets are still boxed and will probably be sold when I pop my clogs. I have a large table in my loft so I have the space for dioramas that i spend days setting up and then dismantle in minutes.

I hope the new cavalry being planned have multiples of each pose rather than their old style of individual poses

I too see the merit of complementary metal figures and raised this in a recent pose about Newline figures. I also love the small diorama figures like the early Napoleonic camp sets and the pioneer sets,

I wish i hadn't picked up that first box of Napoleonic Lancers from Esci way back in the 80's that's how it all started to go wrong.
bfn

Allan

The civilians are from a Les Miserables set and will come with the libretto or book. In this instance Jean Valjean and Madame Thénardier maybe.
OK that little book by Tolstoy could be the inspiration as well. War and Peace(2016 TV version) is still on the BBC Iplayer or DVD for non UK.