Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Napoleonic Country Colours

Yes, I will always appreciate the way Strelets uses individual colors for their sets. In fact I purchased their latest reissue sets of Boer War British Lancers and British Infantry in the new lighter tan color that matches their latest sets. Thank you strelets.

Re: dratted flag bearers

Allan from Glasgow
Hi everyone

I have only one little critique and that's with some of the flags, I would love empty poles
Allan

Allan, I'm sure you'll agree with me that there are very few, if any, in the hobby who expect everything to go their way.

Indeed, I often relish the challenges this hobby sets up.

Tracking down elusive units I need to "complete" an army. Converting figures to create new units, poses or just for fun. Getting the figures to meet my expectations of balanced units (command, elite companies & centre). ETC.

One of the challenges lies with flag-bearing figures.

In most of the periods I do, flags marking units are vital. Often, manufacturers make no figures for this or, sometimes, make outstanding figures wrapped in their voluminous ensigns. Like you, I much prefer to use paper flag & these figures are impossible to use.

There are solutions (find compatible figures - often metal- from other manufacturers or convert existing figures).

So whilst I totally share your viewpoint, I don't expect Strelets (or others) to comply. and I know you & I will get by.

Re: dratted flag bearers

Paint dog
Allan from Glasgow
Hi everyone

I have only one little critique and that's with some of the flags, I would love empty poles
Allan

Allan, I'm sure you'll agree with me that there are very few, if any, in the hobby who expect everything to go their way.

Indeed, I often relish the challenges this hobby sets up.

Tracking down elusive units I need to "complete" an army. Converting figures to create new units, poses or just for fun. Getting the figures to meet my expectations of balanced units (command, elite companies & centre). ETC.

One of the challenges lies with flag-bearing figures.

In most of the periods I do, flags marking units are vital. Often, manufacturers make no figures for this or, sometimes, make outstanding figures wrapped in their voluminous ensigns. Like you, I much prefer to use paper flag & these figures are impossible to use.

There are solutions (find compatible figures - often metal- from other manufacturers or convert existing figures).

So whilst I totally share your viewpoint, I don't expect Strelets (or others) to comply. and I know you & I will get by.
HI Paint dog

We can always hope for perfection its just my sculpting / painting skills are so poor. This little issue however didn't stop me buying 12 boxes of the little buggers lol.

bfn
Allan

Allan,

How small are the French flags? They were only 800 x 800 mm^2 for the infantry, so around 10 x 10 (11 x 11) mm^2 at our scale. Strelets have been getting the size of the flags pretty right recently. Austrian flags were a lot larger (I'd have to check Rawkins' uniform book to remind myself of the dimensions).

Regards,

James

James Fisher
Allan,

How small are the French flags? They were only 800 x 800 mm^2 for the infantry, so around 10 x 10 (11 x 11) mm^2 at our scale. Strelets have been getting the size of the flags pretty right recently. Austrian flags were a lot larger (I'd have to check Rawkins' uniform book to remind myself of the dimensions).

Regards,

James
Hi James
The dimensions match what said what you should be I was just a bit shocked when I saw them against the Austrian flags. I have learned something new today as I didn't realise their was such a large difference in size between nations, so thanks for that info.

The sculpting of the set reminds me of one of my favourite sets done by another company who did a young guard in greatcoats. I thing they will look great together on the table.

bfn

Allan