Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mongol cavalry ?

Yes loved to have Light Mongol, mounted and dismounted

Mongol camp with warriors in mongol wrestling, Mongol Lady in party, shooting contest...

Yeah! My Gers are empty - no life in the camp. But it's always hard to get 'civil' figures except about WW-stuff.
Who will offer to Tengri for a victory with no such figures? Mongols are winners, so Strelets is forced to do a set :innocent:

Camp life sounds great but let's get the basics done first. In particular,lots of horse archers and resculpted dismounted warriors. I would have thought siege weapons and their operators would also be high up the list.

Totally agreeing that the lack of suitable figures regarding 13th century mongol invasions is indeed another major gap in 1/72 plastics.
Although the Zvezda & Italeri sets are quite decent, there is still an obvious demand for figures representing the bulk of mongolian troops.
2 sets basic horse archers & regular horsemen, 1 set revised foot warriors and maybe 1 set of siege troops would allow a multitude of new possibilities. :wink: :sweat_smile:

Artillery ... so i don't just need to use models from non-manufacturer producers which coincidentally make artillery models i can use. Especially Figures using this siege & field engines will be fine.

Regarding to standard figures i miss poses which refer to the statet narratives: If a mongol falls from his horse, he begins to shoot around himself with his bow immediately.

Or poses whih show how a light horseman wield his hooked lance.
I especially like the Zvezda pose of a man having his lance thrown over at his back whilst using a bow, that could be done for a non-armoured rider too.